Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sure - the dial reminds me of the old Seikos or some of the older Russian watch dials.

Comment

Seiko SNN231P2 - Aftermarket strap.

Comment

Vintage Orient king diver today.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbumman View Post

Seiko SNN231P2 - Aftermarket strap.
          Saw one of these cheap on the 'bay yesterday and very nearly bought it. Kinda regretting my restraint. Great looking piece.

Comment

I don't recall seeing any on the thread, but does anyone have a JLC (Jaeger-LeCoutre) watch? If so, could you provide some thoughts on your experience with it, JLC in particular, etc.?

As some may know, I've been looking for a dress watch to add to my collection and been looking up and down the pricing range, different brands, metals (SS, YG, RG, platinum), etc. I recently went to a watch shop to try on some Pateks and other ultra high end pieces, but found myself drawn to the JLC Grande Master Ultra Thin Small Seconds (ref 1358420). It provides quite a bit of bang for your buck, being an entry level and steel for JLC, and the 40mm works well for my large wrist relative to more traditional dress watches with their smaller sizes (36-38), but the -420 remains thin and delicate enough to be used for dress under the cuff, etc.

And what's a watch post without photos? (all pulled from Google...)

Comment

I do not own one but would like to one day own the JLC Ultra thin moonphase.

Comment

I say go for it! If you don't like it, I will happily take it off your hands for a fraction of the price 😀 The piece on your wrist is one of my grail watches.

Comment

1990 Omega Speedmaster.

Been wearing it all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So daily I visit this website http://culturaldispatch.com/ and I'm greeted with the Seamaster. I swear that subliminally by seeing that website daily I'm being more and more lured in to thinking I need to purchase a Seamaster...

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Comment

Sea master is on my future list. Maybe an aqua terra with the teak dial. In the meantime, affordable Danish quartz today.

Comment

This guy while I try to decide if I keep it or not

Comment

It's a Monaco kinda day.

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] Maybe it's the lighting or my eyes but it looks like the stitching on your strap is blue and goes really well with the blue dial.
                            Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

[MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] your eyes are not deceiving you. The strap is indeed blue. Blue alligator to be precise. It came with the watch and has aged nicely.

Comment

Maratac at the lake...
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X