This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
    Wedding day today. Wearing my future in law's gift to me.

http://i.imgur.com/SVnFX5N.jpg?1
    I'd marry a girl just to receive that watch as a present!

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      Sunday morning gym/errands/dog-walking watch.

[IMGhttps://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20246067_10100344146684485_7159719019143483140_n.j pg?oh=bbe818609342e14a0b7b60a50d82c551&oe=5A01DF56/IMG]
      Nice Ben! How does it feel on that Maratac silicone strap? That's actually the exact watch I'm trying to decide right now if I want to sell or not. Since I just picked up the Damasko, I'm leaning towards sell at the moment. Although that Maratac mid has to be one of the best values out there right now.

Comment

Rolex Submariner Blue Dial YG/SS 116613LB with sunburst blue dial 2017...

Blue/gold submariner bezel Bangle...

Blue/white submariner bezel silicone wristband...

Blue/gold submariner bezel ring...

There is no life without love...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RishiK View Post
          IWC le petit prince edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Nice watch. I don't have an IWC watch in my collection and every time I see one posted here I think I need to look in to purchasing one.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/HzQoDfS.jpg

So a bit of background...I have been out of work for a few months now. This means I have been putting a stop to the fashion purchases since in addition to not having expendable budget, I didn't have anywhere to wear them. I even started thinking more about what is actually essential/what I like to wear and started selling some things that didnt fall under that category (don't worry, I didn't actually need the cash, but the extra cash never hurts especially if I want to take a vacation or something). This means I ended up selling about 5 out of 8 of my watches. This left me with the orient mako (original blue dial), adventurer and polaris which was a well rounded collection. Unfortunately being out of work meant I was spending a ton of time doing more casual things, and I quickly got tired of wearing the mako and mixing in the adventurer. So I did a ton of research to find a good bang for my buck watch, most likely a diver. I will say right now I am a sucker for panda dials and blue hands (and white dials in general). My next purchase will probably be the Hamilton jazzmaster chrono (once I've started a new job and saved up a bit). But I finally landed on the orient mako USA II and it just arrived today. Not a bracelet guy, so it's staying on nato straps. Loving it so far!
            Last edited by Scofield; July 25, 2017, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the job situation. I've gotten very picky with watches lately too. I have 2 that are definite keepers - Omega PO2500 and IWC Portuguese Chrono. 1 that is extremely close to also being a keeper - IWC Mark XVIII. And 1 that I keep thinking I may replace (not because I don't like it but because I'm a watch whore) but can't seem to find anything I like better than it in a similar price range - Oris Diver 65. I have 1 cheaper watch which I keep thinking I may sell but there's nothing close to it in the under $400 category - Maratac Mid Pilot.

I had picked up a Damasko DA34 but am not quite bonding with it so it will probably go up for sale soon. I just prefer the Oris 65 to it.

If you want a good bang for your buck watch, I'd highly recommend looking at a Maratac Mid, especially when they run a special on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                Sorry to hear about the job situation. I've gotten very picky with watches lately too. I have 2 that are definite keepers - Omega PO2500 and IWC Portuguese Chrono. 1 that is extremely close to also being a keeper - IWC Mark XVIII. And 1 that I keep thinking I may replace (not because I don't like it but because I'm a watch whore) but can't seem to find anything I like better than it in a similar price range - Oris Diver 65. I have 1 cheaper watch which I keep thinking I may sell but there's nothing close to it in the under $400 category - Maratac Mid Pilot.

I had picked up a Damasko DA34 but am not quite bonding with it so it will probably go up for sale soon. I just prefer the Oris 65 to it.

If you want a good bang for your buck watch, I'd highly recommend looking at a Maratac Mid, especially when they run a special on them.
                Thanks, it was actually your watch house cleaning that inspired me to do the same! I'm just happy to have a new watch to post here. I'm probably done for a while, or at least until I start working again. My next watch will be the hamilton jazzmaster panda dial chrono. I almost bought it twice: amazon prime 2 years ago at 700 with 30% off (it wasn't included in the sale this year) but they only had the bracelet version and I wanted the leather band version (even though I'm very well capable of swapping it out on my own, it was more the principal of the matter) and then actually bought it about 3 months ago for 550 (insanely random amazon price drop) but then amazon called me and the last one was actually damaged and broken. Between the SS outlet (cashmere/silk blue havana) and this watch, I've spent way more than I should have already (after 0 out of pocket style purchases the 5 months prior).

Comment

Where do you sell your watches? I just searched your username in watchrecon and came up empty. Here's all the stuff I've sold in the last few months. My dappered listings don't show up on there so there were a few more.

https://www.watchrecon.com/?last_day...name=vicious49

Comment

Gents I hear ya on the watch pare-down. Of course having said that it isn't like I'm doing anything along those lines myself. But I do find that of the watches I do own, two or three of them are getting worn on a daily basis while the rest are sitting in the watch box looking on anxiously. That's not to say I'm planning on selling some of my watches anytime soon. Just that I can easily see how going with a couple of watches, rather than a whole bunch of them, makes sense.

[MENTION=10540]Scofield[/MENTION] Best of luck with the job situation. I do have some connections in the US depending on a) what kind of work you're in and b) where you live. Fire me a PM and if I can help you with some business contacts I will.

[MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] I took a look at the watches you sold. That Omega is still a nice watch. Ah well. If I picked up another watch I'd have to figure out how to work in the rotation.

Comment

Just noticed an mdv102 on the FS boards on WUS. Some scratches but these are rare and this guy isnt price gouging...

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-...0-4486413.html

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

And, as if by magic, the Maratac Mid Pilot is now $70 off, at $149.

https://countycomm.com/collections/q...tch-by-maratac

Comment

Filson had it marked down to $249 so couldn't pass it up. I've been looking for a decent field watch.

Comment

Originally posted by otoba View Post
                            And, as if by magic, the Maratac Mid Pilot is now $70 off, at $149.

https://countycomm.com/collections/q...tch-by-maratac
                            This is the quartz version with the central hand. I know a lot of people prefer the small seconds version which only comes in auto. That one costs a bit more but it currently out of stock. I actually have that auto version but just ordered the quartz that is currently on sale. I know some people hate quartz, but I like having 1 watch that I don't need to worry about keeping on a watch winder.

I normally don't like people doing referral codes, but according to CountyComm, this will get you 10% off (as well as give me $10). So maybe that will help you save a bit of money if you do decide to order one.
                            http://i.refs.cc/yEZLzMIv

Comment

FWIW I ordered one of the quartz versions back around the holidays and the crown popped out of it when I first pulled it to set the time; got a replacement and the hands were not attached, they just spun freely around the dial.

Perhaps against my better judgment I ordered the auto version when it went on sale a few months later and have had no issues with it whatsoever. But I am extremely suspect of the QC on the quartz batch of these watches. YMMV.
                              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by jrl88 View Post

Filson had it marked down to $249 so couldn't pass it up. I've been looking for a decent field watch.

I've had my eye partially open for a good deal on the mid-size versions of these watches. They are made by Shinola, so they are definitely overpriced at MSRP but they are solidly-built watches and a good deal if you can find one for a decent price.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X