X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omega SMP Spectre LE
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

White Casio Edifice against my Jcrew fish shorts.

http://i.imgur.com/nIvu0HI.jpg?1

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post

Omega SMP Spectre LE
        Nice

Comment

Seiko sndc31 today

Comment

Seiko 7T32 chronograph from 1997 today. Every time I wear this, I feel like flipping it even more. It's smallish, feels flimsy, and has zero wrist presence.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
              Seiko 7T32 chronograph from 1997 today. Every time I wear this, I feel like flipping it even more. It's smallish, feels flimsy, and has zero wrist presence.

Looks pretty decent though. Do you have a top-down shot of it? I'd be interested to see what it looks like head-on on your wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post

natural born salesman right there

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                  Looks pretty decent though. Do you have a top-down shot of it? I'd be interested to see what it looks like head-on on your wrist.

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                  natural born salesman right there
                  Haha, yea right. I'd probably put it on eBay, this model seems to be popular there lately.

Comment

I swapped back to a NATO (navy/white/pink today)

Comment

Seiko skx009k2 on a blue NATO.

[MENTION=12827]Rocco[/MENTION] how does the 7T32 compare to the Seiko sndf87? When you say it feels flimsy what do you mean?

[MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION] that is a very nice watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                        [MENTION=12827]Rocco[/MENTION] how does the 7T32 compare to the Seiko sndf87? When you say it feels flimsy what do you mean?
                        The SNDF87 uses the modern 7T92 movement; the central chrono hand records whole seconds, the 12 subdial records 1/20 seconds, the 9 sub is running seconds, and the 6 sub is a 60 minute totalizer.

For the 7T32, the central chrono hand records 1/5 seconds, the 12 subdial is a 30 minute totalizer, the 9 sub is running seconds, and the 6 sub is an alarm feature that when not armed can be used to track a second time zone (GMT in my case). The crown at 3 is the normal time/date setting crown, the pushers at 2 and 10 start/reset the chrono, and the crown and pusher at 4 and 8 work the alarm.

It's an older movement that was replaced with the 7T62. I think they phased it out in the early '00s.

The watch itself is pretty small by modern chronograph standards, and it's very lightweight. I'm a sucker for the heft of a mechanical movement, so the combination of all of these make it feel flimsy to me. The watch itself is robust (I just dropped it last night, everything is fine); it's more of my impression than anything objective.

This is what I really want:

I should just stop wasting my money on halfway-there baby steps and buy the real McCoy.
                        Last edited by Rocco; July 29, 2016, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco;249617e

This is what I really want:

I should just stop wasting my money on halfway-there baby steps and buy the real McCoy.
                          nice. model?

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                            nice. model?
                            6138-8020. Movement came out in 1970, not sure offhand when the panda dial was produced.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation between the two watches. I've had me eye on the SNDF87 for a while now. Just haven't gotten around to pulling the trigger. I like the colour of watch face and think it will make for a nice compliment to my current collection.

The watch you've shown that you want to purchase though, that is a nice one. Have you located one online yet? What kind of pricepoint does the watch normally command?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                                Thanks for the explanation between the two watches. I've had me eye on the SNDF87 for a while now. Just haven't gotten around to pulling the trigger. I like the colour of watch face and think it will make for a nice compliment to my current collection.

The watch you've shown that you want to purchase though, that is a nice one. Have you located one online yet? What kind of pricepoint does the watch normally command?
                                No prob. The SNDF87 is a nice piece, and is kind of a throwback to the 6138 I have my eye on. Luckily the panda is relatively common as far as 6138s go, and I've seen them go for around $300 for beaters/parts watches and up to ~$1000 for immaculate pieces. The one I pictured went for $500, but that was 2 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X