Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What watch I wore today

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    IWCs are a love or hate thing it seems with WIS. I find them attractive as it was a Big Pilot 5002 that got me into wanting to own a high end watch. I can't really say what 1 thing I love about them but the whole package is just there. I'd probably get tarred and feathered in some circles by mentioning this but I would rather own an IWC than a JLC as I do not find JLCs to be that attractive even though people gush over the Reverso. I'd rather own a Cartier Tank over a Reverso.

    Nice pick up!
    I can relate . . . sort of. I know most WIS would think I'm crazy but I think JLC watches look better than most Vacheron Constantins. My next planned step up is 5 years from now when I want a JLC ultra thin moonphase.

    The thing I like about IWC is they are so clean and perfectly proportioned. They are very unassuming yet beautiful at the same time. I don't like worrying about my watch too much if I go into a neighborhood that might be a bit sketchy. A 'rolly' will def get noticed in those areas but most won't give a second glance to an IWC.

    Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Congrats man. Did you buy the one DavidSW had? I was eyeing it... I don't need another pilot watch, but hell if that LPP version isn't gorgeously done.
    No, this is a brand new one.
    Last edited by Vicious49; July 12, 2017, 07:25 PM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      I can relate . . . sort of. I know most WIS would think I'm crazy but I think JLC watches look better than most Vacheron Constantins. My next planned step up is 5 years from now when I want a JLC ultra thin moonphase.

      The thing I like about IWC is they are so clean and perfectly proportioned. They are very unassuming yet beautiful at the same time. I don't like worrying about my watch too much if I go into a neighborhood that might be a bit sketchy. A 'rolly' will def get noticed in those areas but most won't give a second glance to an IWC.



      No, this is a brand new one.
      Nice, jealous either way but was curiously eyeing (when I have no biz buying a watch, new or used, right now) the one I saw on DSW.

      When looking for my first nice watch, I really wanted a JLC MUT Moon, but found that it felt and looked small on my (relatively big) wrist. I will admit that they're finished delightfully, and I wish it felt better on my wrist... but in part what makes it great (thin, light) is what made it feel odd to me personally. But I also like how my relatively thick, heavy SD4k wears on my wrist, so everyone's/YMMV. When it comes time where I can justify buying a dress watch (or any nicer watch), maybe I'll revisit it to see if my feelings have changed.

      Comment


        My wrists are 6.5" or just above it and are relatively flat so I'm able to wear up to about 42 mm watches. The JLC should work much better on my wrist.

        My collection is now:

        Omega PO2500 (keeper)
        IWC Portuguese Chrono (keeper)
        Oris Diver Sixty-Five
        IWC Mark XVIII
        Maratac Mid Pilot (considering selling since I don't think it will see much wrist time now)
        Casio GShock (may sell this one as well)

        Comment


          Oh man, gotta keep your gshock. They're so cheap and awesome.

          Comment


            Originally posted by thedrake View Post
            Oh man, gotta keep your gshock. They're so cheap and awesome.
            I got the Japanese version (Casio G Shock GW-5000-1JF) with the screw down back, solar power, atomic sync. etc which cost me almost $300. The cheaper version of the same watch would have been under $100.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              My wrists are 6.5" or just above it and are relatively flat so I'm able to wear up to about 42 mm watches. The JLC should work much better on my wrist.

              My collection is now:

              Omega PO2500 (keeper)
              IWC Portuguese Chrono (keeper)
              Oris Diver Sixty-Five
              IWC Mark XVIII
              Maratac Mid Pilot (considering selling since I don't think it will see much wrist time now)
              Casio GShock (may sell this one as well)
              if you sell the maratac let me know. My cousin was like "man, I should have bought that" when I sold mine. He may snatch yours up. Not a guarantee but I will ask him when you are ready.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                I got the Japanese version (Casio G Shock GW-5000-1JF) with the screw down back, solar power, atomic sync. etc which cost me almost $300. The cheaper version of the same watch would have been under $100.
                Oh, you fancy. I didn't know that existed.

                Comment




                  Seiko for casual Friday at the office.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                    if you sell the maratac let me know. My cousin was like "man, I should have bought that" when I sold mine. He may snatch yours up. Not a guarantee but I will ask him when you are ready.
                    Will do.

                    I had 1 watch still up for sale - a Hamilton Jazzmaster quartz. Just traded that and some cash for this Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage. I doubt I'm going to keep it since it seems a bit similar to my Oris 65. I figure I can wear it for a bit and then sell it pretty easily. The market for it should be much better than a quartz Jazzmaster.

                    Comment


                      Casual Friday


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        Will do.

                        I had 1 watch still up for sale - a Hamilton Jazzmaster quartz. Just traded that and some cash for this Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage. I doubt I'm going to keep it since it seems a bit similar to my Oris 65. I figure I can wear it for a bit and then sell it pretty easily. The market for it should be much better than a quartz Jazzmaster.

                        That's one of the few steins I would go for. But yeah, I can see the "two vintage look diver" issue. Wouldn't bother me though.

                        Comment



                          Refinished HMT on leather nato today.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment




                            Showing some Monaco love today.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                              I noticed that the last three watches shared have not been dive watches.
                              It's nice to see some diversity.

                              Comment


                                Dive watches are quite popular. I find myself drawn to dive and pilot watches (in that order).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X