This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AngusM View Post
    Bought this as a beater, but it may become the daily driver.
    That.

That is a nice watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbumman View Post
      That.

That is a nice watch.
      Thanks! I bought it almost by reflex when I saw the offset/screw-down crown and the sapphire crystal (my main beater criteria), but the looks grow on me more every day.

Comment

• Happy Speedy Tuesday everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Still with the Omega thanks to all of the precious SMP and PO postings around here

Comment

• Put this on when I went for my run/jog/slash slow death crawl and havent taken it off yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by idvsego View Post
              Put this on when I went for my run/jog/slash slow death crawl and havent taken it off yet.

That's a fair description of every "run" I go on.
              Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                That's a fair description of every "run" I go on.
                Dude, I am trying. Ever since getting this new job position I am much more sedentary... And I can tell. Have to do something.

Comment

Dude, I am trying. Ever since getting this new job position I am much more sedentary... And I can tell. Have to do something.
                  If you've gotta die and you have access to a treadmill, you could always do HIIT for less time/distance. More of a quick death. My job's become more sedentary in the last year. I feel you pain.

Edited to stay on topic:

Last edited by Alex.C; June 23, 2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex.C View Post
                    If you've gotta die and you have access to a treadmill, you could always do HIIT for less time/distance. More of a quick death. My job's become more sedentary in the last year. I feel you pain.
                    I am a cheap bastard. Running on the street is free.

Comment

I am a cheap bastard. Running on the street is free.
                      Ironically, this is exactly why I started running. I paid for months and months of a gym membership that I never used, and when I did, I would run on the treadmills. I had always hated running, but one day I just got pissed at myself and said if I was just going to throw money away every month or treadmill run, I could just run on the road for free. I signed up for a local 5k race series in my town to force myself to work toward something, and started running. Ran 7 5k races that year. The following year, somehow, I was convinced to jump from a 5k to a 1/2 marathon. Trained for 2 months, worked my way up to the distance, and somewhere between the 5-10 mile distances, I started to really enjoy running for the first time in my life. I ended up running 4 1/2 marathons and a Ragnar 200 mile, 24-hr team relay race over the next year. Took a break to rest and get knee surgery over the winter, and now I'm working my way back up to 1/2 marathon distances. Feel great being back into it.

Also, oddly, running is the only time, (aside from sleeping), that I do NOT wear a watch. Just my fitbit and phone. If I had a true fitness watch, I'd probably wear that though.

Comment

• Originally posted by drocpsu View Post

Also, oddly, running is the only time, (aside from sleeping), that I do NOT wear a watch. Just my fitbit and phone. If I had a true fitness watch, I'd probably wear that though.

I have a samsung gear fit, the first gen, but I cant read the darn thing out int he sun. I want to get a better run/hike companion. something that lets me skip tracks with hard buttons and use the screen to pause/resume my "workout". And isnt apple. No idea if that exists.

Comment

• One watch two ways... this weekend and today.

Ben

Comment

• Back to the Explorer II

Comment

• Seamaster on my FFF Button stud strap today!

Comment

• I think I might be in a bit of a rut. Explorer II. Again. All week in fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X