This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Can you post the link where you looked it up? I tried looking all over for some sort of database that would show what year my smp was manufactured.
    http://clockmaker.com.au/rolex_serial_numbers.html - scroll down to the Omega section. They stopped publishing their serial #'s around 2011 to help counter counterfeits, so this goes up through then. It's based on the first 2 #'s of the serial #. Took me a while to find this. Dug through dozens of WUS and Omega forum posts until someone referenced this table. It's really the only one that goes up through 2011, as most other ones out there stop around 2008.

Comment

What watch I wore today

Here is my everyday watch for the past 15 years or so, a Longines chronograph. At 35mm, it is a normal-sized watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a pretty cool piece!

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
          http://clockmaker.com.au/rolex_serial_numbers.html - scroll down to the Omega section. They stopped publishing their serial #'s around 2011 to help counter counterfeits, so this goes up through then. It's based on the first 2 #'s of the serial #. Took me a while to find this. Dug through dozens of WUS and Omega forum posts until someone referenced this table. It's really the only one that goes up through 2011, as most other ones out there stop around 2008.
          Ah, I did find that link in my search but didn't know how to read it until your explanation. It says my 2531 was manufactured in 2006. I didn't realize it was still being made that late. Mine doesn't have the 'anti-counterfeit' globe on it but I read that towards the end Omega was just trying to use up all their parts so some of the later ones could have had older case backs on them.

Comment

Originally posted by carlitos View Post
            Here is my everyday watch for the past 15 years or so, a Longines chronograph. At 35mm, it is a normal-sized watch!

A 35mm square watch has the same look, I think, as a round watch that is 38 or 40mm in diameter...which is about he sweet spot for most of us. Very nice! It's unique, but very classy.

Comment

Ah, I did find that link in my search but didn't know how to read it until your explanation. It says my 2531 was manufactured in 2006. I didn't realize it was still being made that late. Mine doesn't have the 'anti-counterfeit' globe on it but I read that towards the end Omega was just trying to use up all their parts so some of the later ones could have had older case backs on them.
              2006 was around the year that they switched to my model as the successor. Sounds like they probably made that one up until that point.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                shoot. I wear the same watch almost every day. :-\
                Nothing wrong with this. I'm the same way. I've found a couple of wheelhouse watches that fit my needs and tastes and I rock 'em day in and day out. No shame man, no shame at all.

Comment

All this Omega talk made me break out the Speedmaster for a change. I do love this watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

All this Omega talk made me break out the Speedmaster for a change. I do love this watch.

That may be my next purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Kenny View Post
                      That may be my next purchase.
                      Do it! You won't regret it!

Comment

Sweet. That's on my bucket list. Almost had one a few years ago from a friend who sadly no longer works for Omega.

Comment

Nice patina!!

Comment

Originally posted by jfo2010 View Post
                            Nice patina!!

MegaDot

What year is that watch?

Comment

Originally posted by carlitos View Post
                              Sweet. That's on my bucket list. Almost had one a few years ago from a friend who sadly no longer works for Omega.

Were you hoping to get a deal from your buddy at Omega? If you are comfortable going the used market there are plenty of good deals to be had.

Originally posted by jfo2010 View Post
                              Nice patina!!

Thanks! That was one of my primary criteria when I was doing my search for a Speedmaster.

MegaDot

What year is that watch?
                              1990. I knew when I was looking for a Speedmaster that I wanted on where tritium had been applied to the markers. I think Omega stopped with the tritium in 1997, so I was focusing my efforts on watches in watches prior to then. I had really wanted a birth year watch, but the price for me was prohibitive. Or at least more than I was willing to spend at any rate. That said, I' m quite happy with my purchase.

Comment

Still running with the Speedmaster.

Comment

Working...
                                X