LEC oxford shirt experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEC oxford shirt experience?

Anyone have experience with this oxford from LEC? I like the price.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-th...s&origin=index

The material is nice, collars are on the smaller side for my taste and the fits not slim but not as boxy for a big guy like me. It's ok to wear on khakis but needs to be tucked due to the length.

Comment

I like them a lot. I basically have Joe's measurements. Fits me well. Not too long. Great to wear untucked on a warm summer day. Midnight blue is a great color.

Comment

I have a few of them, and am wearing one now actually. I like the slimness of the sleeves, the collars could be a bit bigger, and the body a bit slimmer. I have to have all of mine taken in to get them to fit how I want. At $12 though, you can't beat them. I may have to pick up a few more.

Comment

I have a few. I'm 6'2, 170, so tall and thin, and the size small fits me perfectly. The sleeves are a touch short (but so are all my shirts), and the length is a little longer than I'm used to, but not so much that they HAVE to be tucked in. The material is nice and thick, feels like I can beat em up real good.

Comment

I have a few. For $12 they are a good value. But I'm 5'9ish and about 168. They're really boxy and too long to wear as a sport shirt, which really ruins it for me. Also I've had a lot of threads come off the ones I have even though they don't go through the dryer. Collars are small, and I do appreciate that the sleeves are slim, but the body, my goodness it's huge. Even tucking it in, it just feels too big on me in an M. I wouldn't wear them for work, they're decent for casual wear though. Tempted to try a S and see how it fits in the next sale. If you can strike up a bulk deal with a tailor where you can get shirts done for around $12 each, $24 per nicely fitted LEC oxford would be a good price.

Comment

Yeah I tried the Heavyweight Oxford and it fit absolutely huge in the torso, so I was hoping this one would fit better.

Comment

I like them. Long sleeves are my only problem, but it doesn't keep me from wearing them. They look great rolled up, too.

I esp. like the Twilight color. Standard light blue gets old, and this one really works.

Comment

I'm 5'9", 145 lbs, normally wear fitted smalls. The smalls in the heritage oxford work fairly well, though they could be more fitted. Great casual shirt, or for layering under something else. At the $12 price you could get them tailored and have a decent quality $30 oxford on your hands.

Honestly, even with the not-perfect fit, I still end up wearing my blue striped version more than most of the other shirts I own.

Ben

Comment

I ordered a few of these a while back, and actually hated them. To each their own, though...

Comment

They're great for the price. I got three during the Christmas sale, so about $20 each. The fabric is solid and the fit is pretty good (I'm a bigger guy though, so slimmer gents might find it a little boxy). The sleeves are very slim, which makes them difficult to roll up sometimes. The collar and pocket are on the small side, but I guess that's what's in fashion right now. The box pleat is meh.

Complaints aside, I wear these all the time, below sweaters, by themselves, tucked in or out. For $12, I'd say go for it. You can always return it in store, too.

Comment

Working...
                      X