No announcement yet.

Hemming Shorts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow...6 pages of replies. I didn't read through it all, but all I have to say is that unless we are talking about some sort of luxury shorts that cost a lot and are special, it's better just to seek out shorts in your preferred length.

Comment

Originally posted by Spex View Post
      Wow...6 pages of replies. I didn't read through it all, but all I have to say is that unless we are talking about some sort of luxury shorts that cost a lot and are special, it's better just to seek out shorts in your preferred length.
      In way of explanation, let me just say...here there be beef.

As far as getting shorts hemmed, I'd say I agree with Spex that for the most part it would just be worth finding a pair that fits well enough without alterations. There's enough out there that I have a hard time seeing that alterations would be worth it, except maybe in the case that one has an ill-fitting pair from a less stylish time that they were determined to hang on to.

As far as the subject the thread evolved(?) into over time, I would make the case that shorts are a very personal thing and one should wear what they feel comfortable in with less regard to 'the rules' than normal. Shorts being inherently pretty casual, connersw and anyone who feels that shorts should fit slightly looser and longer should wear them that way. LBD and those who feel shorts should be shorter and more fitted should wear them that way too. Incidentally, I fall into the latter camp, as (for me), those shorts are more flattering to my skier's physique, and reduce rubbing/flapping discomfort. All that slightly tangential information aside, though, I think we can all agree that whether our shorts are 4 inches or 10, we are together in looking excellent next to the cargo-short clad masses.
      Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Working...
      X