Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDOG
    replied
    I just had two pair of 10" shorts hemmed to 7 inch inseam. The tailor didn't bat an eye. I think it was about $10 each.

Leave a comment:

• Rocco
    replied
    It's all about proportion (like most things clothing related). I'm 6' with a tall head and torso, and a 30" inseam. I have some 6" Lands' End shorts that visually lengthen my legs.

Leave a comment:

• Token
    replied
    Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
    Totally agree. Anything under 9", let alone 7" is too much leg. 10" is my sweet spot.
    7" and shorter seems to be the fashionable trend. If you look at Bonobos offerings for example, they go 5, 7, 9, 11. Personally I prefer 9, but I've seen guys pull of the shorter look really well

Leave a comment:

• Pepetito
    replied
    Totally agree. Anything under 9", let alone 7" is too much leg. 10" is my sweet spot.

Leave a comment:

• BestGuyHere
    replied
    Originally posted by APinNC View Post
    I do it all the time to my shorts. I even cut off old chinos and hem them occasionally
    I would think it would be more common. When I googled it barely any info was on the subject.

Leave a comment:

• BestGuyHere
    replied
    Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
    Yeah, at 12", "a touch shorter," should mean 5" shorter, unless you're like over 6'2".
    That's showing too much leg for my taste. Just personal preference. Also I just purchased shorts for the first time in years, and shorts were being worn at a longer length back then.

Leave a comment:

• APinNC
    replied
    I do it all the time to my shorts. I even cut off old chinos and hem them occasionally

Leave a comment:

• fiftyforfifty
    replied
    Jcrew 7" Stanton shorts are my favorite

Leave a comment:

• winghus
    replied
    Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
    That's fair. I just like to show my legs off, the rare times I'm actually wearing shorts.

That's just how it was in my youth:
    https://d13csqd2kn0ewr.cloudfront.ne...?ts=1401894022

Leave a comment:

• Matchbook
    replied
    Originally posted by devastitis View Post
    At 5'8", I find the 8" inseam of Jomers shorts and 9" inseam of Jcrew Stanton shorts to be the sweet spot.
    That's fair. I just like to show my legs off, the rare times I'm actually wearing shorts.

Leave a comment:

• devastitis
    replied
    At 5'8", I find the 8" inseam of Jomers shorts and 9" inseam of Jcrew Stanton shorts to be the sweet spot.

Leave a comment:

• Matchbook
    replied
    Originally posted by BestGuyHere View Post
    No, they aren't cargo shorts lol. I believe they have a 12 inch inseam, which think could be a touch shorter.
    Yeah, at 12", "a touch shorter," should mean 5" shorter, unless you're like over 6'2".

Leave a comment:

• BestGuyHere
    replied
    No, they aren't cargo shorts lol. I believe they have a 12 inch inseam, which think could be a touch shorter.

Leave a comment:

• JohnG
    replied
    Rim shot ...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnG View Post
    I can't see why it would be a problem, unless they're cargo shorts. Only thing would be making sure you don't hem them shorter than the pockets.
    This should never be an issue because if they're cargo shorts, you take them to goodwill.....not the tailor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X