Hemming Shorts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hemming Shorts

Has anyone ever had a pair of shorts hemmed, either by a tailor or have done it themselves? Is it advisable to do this if you have shorts that you consider too long?

I can't see why it would be a problem, unless they're cargo shorts. Only thing would be making sure you don't hem them shorter than the pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
      I can't see why it would be a problem, unless they're cargo shorts. Only thing would be making sure you don't hem them shorter than the pockets.
      This should never be an issue because if they're cargo shorts, you take them to goodwill.....not the tailor.
      https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Rim shot ...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Comment

No, they aren't cargo shorts lol. I believe they have a 12 inch inseam, which think could be a touch shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by BestGuyHere View Post
            No, they aren't cargo shorts lol. I believe they have a 12 inch inseam, which think could be a touch shorter.
            Yeah, at 12", "a touch shorter," should mean 5" shorter, unless you're like over 6'2".

Comment

At 5'8", I find the 8" inseam of Jomers shorts and 9" inseam of Jcrew Stanton shorts to be the sweet spot.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                At 5'8", I find the 8" inseam of Jomers shorts and 9" inseam of Jcrew Stanton shorts to be the sweet spot.
                That's fair. I just like to show my legs off, the rare times I'm actually wearing shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
                  That's fair. I just like to show my legs off, the rare times I'm actually wearing shorts.

That's just how it was in my youth:
                  https://d13csqd2kn0ewr.cloudfront.ne...?ts=1401894022

Comment

Jcrew 7" Stanton shorts are my favorite
                    Eat what is good for your health but
                    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

I do it all the time to my shorts. I even cut off old chinos and hem them occasionally
                      We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
                        Yeah, at 12", "a touch shorter," should mean 5" shorter, unless you're like over 6'2".
                        That's showing too much leg for my taste. Just personal preference. Also I just purchased shorts for the first time in years, and shorts were being worn at a longer length back then.

Comment

Originally posted by APinNC View Post
                          I do it all the time to my shorts. I even cut off old chinos and hem them occasionally
                          I would think it would be more common. When I googled it barely any info was on the subject.

Comment

Totally agree. Anything under 9", let alone 7" is too much leg. 10" is my sweet spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                              Totally agree. Anything under 9", let alone 7" is too much leg. 10" is my sweet spot.
                              7" and shorter seems to be the fashionable trend. If you look at Bonobos offerings for example, they go 5, 7, 9, 11. Personally I prefer 9, but I've seen guys pull of the shorter look really well
                              Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Working...
                              X