• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    thmage

• thmage
    replied

Your pic reminds me of:

He doesn't always wear collars out, but when he does, he looks like a baller.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    Varsity Member

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Whoa...Megan just walked in the room, and I lost my concentration.

In. Unless you're intentionally going retro with a thrifted suit with huge lapels. This guy can take my point home:

Leave a comment:

• Cannon
    Varsity Member

• Cannon
    replied

@ Jason True. I personally just do in because I am not so bold... but Bond is still fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoGuy

• ColoradoGuy
    replied

It's been a while, but this was a topic of "style debate" on the main page:

http://dappered.com/2010/11/style-debate-button-up-under-a-v-neck-collar-in-or-out/

Even though the post is more than a year old, the debate continues in the comments section.

Leave a comment:

• MaxMan
    Varsity Member

• MaxMan
    replied

Welcom Style Girlfriend, like your work! IN, the post wasnt a favorite but it wasnt awful...and its really a matter of personal preference...and i dont think new bond would rock it out like that...Sean Connery has nuts of steel to add to his style, the black watch and other tartan kilts he wears in formal attire are dope!

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    Super Moderator

• hornsup84
    replied

Whoa, Megan getting in some Dapper Threads action. Welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Style Girlfriend

• Style Girlfriend
    replied

I was asked about this (http://stylegirlfriend.com/reader-qu...lar-in-or-out/), and I said in. I agree that it looks more polished.

Of course, a collar worn outside a sweater CAN work, but it takes more effort to maintain. You have to always be watching it to keep it from looking either a) sloppy or b) sleezy. If you want to look pulled together without too much fuss, I'd keep the collar in.

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira

• jason_carreira
    replied

When you're James Bond, you can do what you want.

Leave a comment:

• Pitt_10
    replied

I always keep mine In, to me it seems a little more clean look

Leave a comment:

• Cannon
    Varsity Member

• Cannon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    Super Moderator

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

More of an out guy, but I can count on one hand the number of times I've worn a sweater over a button-up in the past 6 months. I overheat easily so I prefer layers I can remove without much effort (jackets, waistcoats, cardigans, etc).

My collars seem to stand up pretty well, and they aren't particularly large, so even when they are "out" they don't really resemble the tacky '70s look.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    Varsity Member

• nicholascrawford
    replied

In. Wurkin Stiffs help wrangle them.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremy B.

• Jeremy B.
    replied

It really depends on the sweater/shirt. I am more of an out guy in general though.

Leave a comment:

• KC
    replied

Always in. I actually hate when after a while passes by and I look in the mirror and notice that one of the sides of my collar is sticking out.

Leave a comment:

• Ben

• Ben
    replied

In

Leave a comment:

Working...
X