Does this suit jacket fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this suit jacket fit?

I just got my first suit from Knot standard. and it's definitely snug, which I was expecting everything seems tailored my only concern is the white of my shirt showing below my waist button. Is this a sign that the suit is pulling too tight.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...FBTDB4YzVyaUFJ

No. The waist is far too tight.

Comment

I agree. That looks quite a bit too snug. If it were just tailored aggressively at the waist, you might be able to get away with it (in a too-trendy #menswear look), but it's too tight throughout the torso, which is why the bottom is spread so far and the lapels look bowed. Hopefully they can let it out a bit.

Comment

I'm just going to come out and say that it looks ridiculous. They need to do a remake. The jacket looks about two sizes two small.

EDIT: The pants also look bad.
        My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

If you see an "X" when you're buttoned up and standing it means it's too tight.

Comment

Waist it too tight, jacket looks too short, buttoning position it too high, lapels are bowing, lots of shirt showing under the button. I wonder how it looks in the back. I'll bet that there is a crease above the vent.

Here are some examples of better fit:
            http://66.media.tumblr.com/1a28b439c...xtuo1_1280.jpg
            http://40.media.tumblr.com/45a809ac6...nwlgo1_500.jpg
            http://66.media.tumblr.com/3bc42d961...j8q1o2_500.png

Comment

Sleeves are too short.

Comment

Waist too tight. Sleeves a little too short

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Comment

The sleeve length is actually the least bad thing about the fit here.

The jacket looks a full size too small on you in the shoulders and sleeves, and two sizes too small in the waist. Length-wise, the sleeves are only slightly too short but the torso is way too short. That, combined with the extremely high button stance, makes it look like you're wearing a woman's suit jacket to be honest.
                  Ben

Comment

Sleeve length is absolutely perfect for my tastes. When a jacket's sleeves don't reveal any shirt cuff it looks like you're wearing a size too big or were too cheap to tailor them.

Comment

can you even put anything in the jacket pockets?

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        The sleeve length is actually the least bad thing about the fit here.

The jacket looks a full size too small on you in the shoulders and sleeves, and two sizes too small in the waist. Length-wise, the sleeves are only slightly too short but the torso is way too short. That, combined with the extremely high button stance, makes it look like you're wearing a woman's suit jacket to be honest.
                        Why do you think the shoulders are too small? I felt like the shoulders were spot on ending right at my shoulder. What do you see?

Comment

On this particular jacket, it wouldn't really be fruitful to question the advice of the multitude of posters in this thread, all with the same basic opinion. The best bet is to contact the seller, tell them you're very unhappy, and have it remade; at least one size larger. No one here is trying to hurt your feelings, but literally everything on that jacket is too small.

Comment

Originally posted by Spex View Post
                            Sleeve length is absolutely perfect for my tastes. When a jacket's sleeves don't reveal any shirt cuff it looks like you're wearing a size too big or were too cheap to tailor them.
                            I'd personally say sleeve length is still too short, even for more contemporary styling. There's a difference between showing a little cuff (about 1/4-1/2 inch) and showing some sleeve, which that jacket almost does,

Everything about that jacket looks like it was made for someone smaller than OP.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                              I'd personally say sleeve length is still too short, even for more contemporary styling. There's a difference between showing a little cuff (about 1/4-1/2 inch) and showing some sleeve, which that jacket almost does,
                              I don't think the sleeves are a significant concern. The sleeves look a little short to my eyes, but it's within the realm of accepted contemporary styling. A lot of SuitSupply's suits are styled with that much cuff shown: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits...tml?cgid=Suits

I think the entire torso is far too tight, and the shoulders are a bit tight. I'm not sure the jacket length is a problem, either. I can't tell how far down it comes in the back, but based on where it hits his hands it looks fine, if contemporary. If the torso fit, I think everything else would be acceptable, if not perfect. The chest/waist/hips are just too tight to make this wearable.

Comment

Working...
                              X