No-Show Socks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No-Show Socks

Does anybody have a source for no-show socks that's a better value than Uniqlo? Yes, theirs are inexpensive, and fairly comfortable the first wear. But I've noticed that after one or two wears, they begin to slip off much more easily. I don't need these things to last for years and years. I'd like them to last for a single spring-summer season. Any suggestions?
    instagram.com/cutandbasted
    cutandbasted.tumblr.com

I got a couple cheapo pairs from famous footwear a couple years ago that are still holding up.

Comment

I bought a few pairs from Falke. Not the cheapest but they do a great job of not slipping
      Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

I have these Vero Monte socks and they seem to work as well now as when they were new. I like the fact that they aren't sad beige socks when my shoes are off, too.

I've worn them a few times, but not dozens. I try to hang them dry (and no fabric softener when washing) which I assume should help extend the life of the silicone non-slip bit.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions!
          instagram.com/cutandbasted
          cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Comment

Vans. 3 pair for $14. Sticky strips on heel keep the sock in place all day
            We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by APinNC View Post
              Vans. 3 pair for $14. Sticky strips on heel keep the sock in place all day
              Good call. Will have to try and find these because J Crew and Nordstrom Rack options have failed me miserably.

Comment

Taft makes good ones. I took a chance on 'em, and I really like them so far. Good sticky strips, and they come up farther on the foot so they stay on much better. Only con is they're $30 for a 4-pack as opposed to 3 for $14.
                Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

I snagged a couple of Merona pairs at Target after someone on here suggested them. They have held up well through a couple washes, don't slip and are comfortable.

Comment

Try Gekks. Way better than any no show sock I've ever used

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
                      they come up farther on the foot so they stay on much better.
                      That seems like a negative for no show socks. If anything, I'd like the ones I have to be cut even lower. I don't want them peeking up past the vamp on my shoes.

Comment

[MENTION=14764]dpark[/MENTION]
                        I think I might've been unclear. They come farther past the end of my toes in the front so they don't slip off there. They aren't actually very tall at all. Hidden completely in boat shoes, loafers, and sneakers in my experience.

EDIT: Here, a picture is worth 1000 words right?

Last edited by Terminado; June 15th, 2016, 11:54 PM.
                        Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

i concur.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
                            [MENTION=14764]dpark[/MENTION]They come farther past the end of my toes in the front so they don't slip off there. They aren't actually very tall at all.
                            I guess I'm misunderstanding, or else you're comparing to some very low socks? Yours look pretty low on the top of the foot.

Comment

Just did a quick and dirty search of the forums. The first thread nails your question (I think).

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...ght=show+socks

Followed by some others.

Comment

Working...
                              X