Affordable staple dress shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affordable staple dress shirts

Wondering if anyone has a recommendation on some staple white dress shirts, more to pair with a suit than for layering, preferably a tailored fit with spread of semi-spread collar.

Not interested in getting it professionally tailored if at all possible.

Doing a desperate basics refresh.

Anyone have a go-to shirt/brand they can recommend?

You could try those :

http://www.ctshirts.com

Comment

Target Merona is popular around here. They are cut a little slimmer and are very affordable.

You could also try Kohls, they have some slim cut shirts and prices are very good during the monthly 30% off sales.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

I have a couple of white dress shirts from Marshall's (Can't remember the brand, but I got them for ~15$), and while they claimed to be a tailored or slim fit, the sides were reallllly baggy....but what I've been doing is getting the proper size (neck and sleeve) then taking them to the tailor back home to get them altered to fit like a much more expensive shirt, as he only charges 12 dollars to take in the sleeves and sides (and did a really good job). So for ~30-40$ I dont think that's a bad deal, if you can find a solid tailor w/ reasonable prices..... haven't tried the Merona shirts, so I'll have to check those out too

Comment

I like CT (as above) or www.tmlewin.co.uk

Comment

Right now you can get dress shirts + silk woven tie for 40$ from Charles Tyrwhitt until May. (You do not have to pay with an Amex, even though the site says you do).

www.ctshirts.com/windsor

Comment

+1 for ctshirts.com

Comment

So everyone thinks CT makes some good shirts? That's a board consensus? Is their fitted very slim?

Comment

Slim is a good fit, close to BR slim fit. Their tailored fit is supposed to be even slimmer. I think you'll be fine, especially at that price.

Comment

I feel as though their shirts are hit or miss on quality, depending on the fabric, but I have some great shirts from there (for cheap!). I haven't yet figured out exactly which ones are good/bad as a rule, but I think their twills(actually wearing one today) are decent and their pinpoints are a little too thin/papery.

Comment

Definitely look into Charles Tyrwhitt while their sale is going on. Their shirts cost a little more, but they are way better quality than anything you'll get from Target or Kohl's. As an alternative, you could check for decent brands at Marshall's and TJ Maxx. You are best off looking for shirts that are 100% cotton rather than a cotton/poly blend.

Comment

@hornsup84. You talking about BR or CT? I'm asking because I have some CT pinpoints in the shopping bag right now.

Comment

Just turn the dagger again and again! I just WISH that CT made their 14.5 shirts longer than 33. BB & Nordstrom do...fortunately. But the Windsor deal just makes me weep.

Comment

I was talking about CT shirts. You may want to search "CT" and "Charles Tyrwhitt" in the forums to get some more opinions.

Comment

The CT shirts look great, and the free tie is fantastic. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                              X