Stretch Shoe Width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stretch Shoe Width

Does anyone have experience stretching shoe width? I found these amazing old Florshiem "Royal Imperial" at a thrift store, the length is great but they are size narrow and I am a regular. I have been wearing them around the house some trying to stretch them but it hasn't helped much.

Anyone know of any readily available products that would help this? Or any tips to get them a little wider?

Thanks

http://threads.dappered.com/topic/stretching-shoes-how-much-of-an-increase-can-be-achieved

Basically, if it's tight all around, you're gonna be hurting trying to break them in. If you have a pressure point or two, you could ride it out. At the AE store, they offer to stretch shoes with a specialized shoe tree. With a different brand, you could go to a cobbler.

You've got nothing to lose...it's worth trying to make it work.

Comment

Most cobblers offer shoe-stretching services for a relatively reasonable price. If simply wearing them around and leaving shoe trees in them doesn't get the job done, I think I'd go with professional help rather than a DIY treatment. A cobbler will at least be able to tell you if the job can be done or not.

Ben

Comment

Working...
      X