Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your signature piece

Hey Gents,

Not sure if this was posted before, but do you guys have signature pieces that say something about your personality? Ill get it started; my sig. piece(s) are fedoras and the drivers cap. I love the classic gent look and these pieces make me shine and stand out in the crowd of Gents...

Your turn...

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Hmmm, during the winter my signature pieces were my very well broken in boots, which I had tied in such a way that they are now slip ons, and my chocolate brown, fitted, pea coat. This summer, my signature pieces are probably my penny loafers by cole haan, and my BR khaki pants that are now shorts .

Comment

New to Threads. This forum is great! I'd say my summer signature pieces are my tan Sperry topsiders and my new tortoiseshell Wayfarers. The combination of the two has made for a great summer so far.

Comment

I think I have three

- Vests

- Pocket Squares

- Colorful socks

None of my co-workers, friends, or acquaintances otherwise, wear any of these.

Comment

Props to Peter for the colored socks and pocket squares, I love them and their ability to subtlety introduce color into your outfit.

Comment

Summer it is harder to say. I think I am still waiting to buy what will become my signature piece (some blue suede oxfords from Nordstrom's Calibrate brand).

In the fall/winter it was definitely my perfectly broken-in brown Red Wing boots.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

generally pocket squares or hats; but, during the summer, it's definitely the seersucker....

Comment

This summer it is quickly becoming my Clarks desert boots sans socks... quite comfy.

Comment

It's gotta be my mustard yellow cardigan. I bought it back in 2010 when I was in Holland at a store called WE (anyone been there? love that shop). I don't whip it out too much, but when I do it it always gets attention.

Comment

With Max on this one: grown-up hats; driving caps especially. You can find 'em cheap (you're lucky if you don't have a giant melon) to really switch it up, or go higher quality (I like Goorin Brothers; some of their stuff is a little wacky, but the toned down ones are a win)

Comment

My signature piece is plaid ties (preferably wool)

Also working v-neck sweaters and blazers heavily into the rotation. I wouldn't mind looking like Andy from The Office, haha

Oh, and I can't forget argyle socks

Comment

I don't care how goofy it sounds, Andy from The Office is my style icon.

Comment

Andy is a rather dapper guy...i like his bow tie game

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                          I>0<I

Comment

Mine has to be the argyle sweater vest. I've got a couple in different neutral color combos, and love to go with a bold shirt and understated tie underneath. My favorite is a fire engine red shirt, black tie with red accents, and gray sweater vest with red argyle, over charcoal slacks.

Oh, and I may just be an Ohio State grad...

Comment

Blazers of all types for all occasions. I always have one on me because I enjoy the style and on the rarity that a girl looks remotely cold I can nonchalantly take my jacket off and lend it to her (so many points with the ladies!!).

Comment

Working...
                              X