Sport shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport shirts

I've been hearing more and more about sport shirts recently, but I don't really know what they are. Would anyone care to please explain what they are, and maybe provide some affordable examples? Thanks guys!

Sport shirt is to dress shirt as sport coat is to blazer. Basically, a more casual spin on a dressy template. Sport shirts are typically made in more casual cloths or come in casual patterns or both. The distinction is becoming increasingly finite though.

Comment

Yes, dress shirts a are more clean-cut and sleek, sport shirts are generally coarser fabric and more casual. Dress shirts are the sort of thing stores sell tightly pinned up onto a rectangle of cardboard, while the sport shirts are left tastefully rumpled on hangers.

EDIT: Basically, they're casual button-ups by another name.

Comment

i thought dress shirts were also longer as they are meant to be tucked in, whereas a sport shirt can be worn untucked, thus is shorter lengthwise. I also notice that most dress shirts have a front pocket, while spotshirts either do not have any or have two front pockets on the more casual side.

Comment

Working...
        X