No-show socks with anti-slip heels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No-show socks with anti-slip heels

Just thought I'd throw this out there, since Joe has mentioned several times lately when a no-show sock has anti-slip pads inside the heel. I grabbed some Uniqlo non-slip socks the other day (free shipping tipper, you know how we do) and was pleasantly surprised to discover they have non-slip pads, too. I had actually given up on no-show socks because they never stayed put, but these work so well I'm reconverted. So... yeah. The anti-slip bits in the heel are awesome, and you can get 'em dirt cheap from Uniqlo.

And my feet lived happily ever after. The end.

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
    Just thought I'd throw this out there, since Joe has mentioned several times lately when a no-show sock has anti-slip pads inside the heel. I grabbed some Uniqlo non-slip socks the other day (free shipping tipper, you know how we do) and was pleasantly surprised to discover they have non-slip pads, too. I had actually given up on no-show socks because they never stayed put, but these work so well I'm reconverted. So... yeah. The anti-slip bits in the heel are awesome, and you can get 'em dirt cheap from Uniqlo.

And my feet lived happily ever after. The end.
    Vans makes them too. That sticky strip on the heel is a game changer
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by APinNC View Post
      Vans makes them too.
      Are they thick like athletic socks? That would make them way better (for my purposes) than the hosiery-thin Uniqlo version.

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
        Are they thick like athletic socks? That would make them way better (for my purposes) than the hosiery-thin Uniqlo version.
        Yep, just like athletic socks. Total no show sock, in white, black, or grey.
        We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

can you link to the actual vans and uniqlo models you mean? i want to buy some. i'm sweating my balls off today already, and my boat shoes ain't getting any less sweaty with out em.

Comment

Just throwing out that I own many pairs of the smartwool no show socks that Joe mentions. They are magical. I bought a couple before traveling to Europe a few years ago, and they have become my go-to anytime I am going to be doing a full day of walking and need no-show socks. They anti-slip heel and fantastic elastic bamd keep them in place and the lightweight wool makes them cool and dry.

However, they are a bit pricey so day to day I just stick with cotton no-shows.

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
              can you link to the actual vans and uniqlo models you mean? i want to buy some. i'm sweating my balls off today already, and my boat shoes ain't getting any less sweaty with out em.
              Good thing you sweated your balls off,* because it turns out I had ordered the women's no-shows: https://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/wo...cks/footsies/~

It also makes a surprising difference that the socks are left- and right-foot specific. Really nice fit, if you've got small-ish (8.5 or 9) feet like mine.

*And that, friends, is the weirdest thing I've ever written in an online forum.

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
                http://www.vans.com/shop/mens-access...k-heather-grey

Comment

I also, want to throw out that you can get some at Target under the Merona brand for $5.99 for a 2-pack. I found them this past Saturday, and instantly threw 2 packs in the cart. I wore one pair once I left Target, plus another all day Sunday, and had my faith restored in no-show socks. I had some Sperry ones before and they were crap. these are fantastic. I'd highly recommend grabbing a couple.

Comment

thanks you guys are super!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mistabutters View Post
                      Just throwing out that I own many pairs of the smartwool no show socks that Joe mentions. They are magical. I bought a couple before traveling to Europe a few years ago, and they have become my go-to anytime I am going to be doing a full day of walking and need no-show socks. They anti-slip heel and fantastic elastic bamd keep them in place and the lightweight wool makes them cool and dry.
                      Do you have a link you can share?

I've been wearing the no-show socks from BR. They do an ok job, but if I can get ahold of a better pair, then I'd be all over it.

Also I'm curious about the vans recommendations. I have a pair of vans socks and I have to say they are my least favourite. They slide down all the time. Of course it could be that they don't have the no-slip pads on them. I haven't checked and they are several years old now.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                        Do you have a link you can share?

I've been wearing the no-show socks from BR. They do an ok job, but if I can get ahold of a better pair, then I'd be all over it.

Also I'm curious about the vans recommendations. I have a pair of vans socks and I have to say they are my least favourite. They slide down all the time. Of course it could be that they don't have the no-slip pads on them. I haven't checked and they are several years old now.
                        I usually buy them from Socks Addict because you can always find a 15% coupon out there. Looks like they are currently out of some of the colors, and also looks like they bumped free shipping up to a $35 order.

http://www.socksaddict.com/7195-Smar...how-Socks.aspx

Comment

Thanks for the link. But yow! $35 is pretty steep shipping. I'd have to order a heck of a lot of socks to make that pay. Perhaps I'll see about looking for a more local sales spot.

I have a good supply of the no-show ones from BR right now, but if I can pick up some no-slips for cheap, why not?

Comment

here's the link to the Merona ones I mentioned earlier. Really can't recommend these enough so far.

Comment

I agree with [MENTION=13322]mistabutters[/MENTION] - the SmartWool socks are far superior to the Uniqlo version. I have two pairs of each of them, and while they both do an adequate job of not slipping down your heel due to the sticky pad, the Uniqlo version gets super soggy quick due to being all cotton. My foot slips around and is not comfortable at all. Plus the sock is fairly think compared to the SmartWool version, causing my shoes to be tighter.

The SmartWool version is super breathable and my foot never comes out of the shoe wet. In addition to that, they are thin enough (almost like a Pantherella wool dress sock) that they don't make my shoes feel tight.

All-in-all, think the SmartWool version is a much better product.

Comment

Working...
                              X