Springtime button-ups for small people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springtime button-ups for small people?

I'm 5'8". I have a 32 inch chest. I have a 27 inch waist. And all I want are a few springtime-appropriate sport shirts that will fit me well. Light, solid colors; gingham; anything! And I don't want to pay any more than $40-45 apiece. Is that too much to ask? Does anybody know where I can find such (apparently) rare specimen before I reach my wit's end? Thanks in advance for any direction.

Jcrew Factory x-small. Wait for 30-40% sales, which is often enough.

Comment

You're about the same as me, but two inches taller. I can show you how a J.Crew Factory x-small fits on me tomorrow.

Comment

Gap kids?

Comment

Harry, that's incredibly helpful; I don't know why this hadn't occurred to me. They throw out some pretty heavy discounts, too.

Jessy, if you would do that, I'd be much obliged. It would be incredibly helpful; thanks a ton.

Comment

I'm a little bigger than you.. about a 37in chest and a 29in waist, but Banana Republic x-small fits me pretty well. They have lots of online sales too.

Also try some boys large or x-large shirts. They're usually about the sames size as a men's x-small and they're cheaper.

Comment

@frost : Usually, kids sizes are way shorter. They're for people around 5'2" to 5'6". At 5'8", sleeves might be a bit short.

@o_patrick : Where do you usually get your clothes ? Have you found a suit in your size ?

Here's a tailored fit J.Crew Factory purple gingham button-down. This is not perfect, but with our size, we can't really do better.

Comment

That looks great, Jessy. I bet unbuttoning the top and second button will look good too.

Comment

@nicholascrawford Thanks. I do it sometimes, it usually depends on what I'm wearing with it. The undershirt I wore last night wasn't deep enough to do it.

I'm curious about Express extra-slim shirts. Shipping from them is expensive in Canada, so I'm waiting for some kind of deal. I bet they would be perfect for my frame. I'll keep you all informed.

That might be a good option for o_patrick too. They're technically about $45 each if you buy two.

Comment

I've waited to order from Express too. I would like to try their Small Tall since it hits all my measurements - 14.5/34 - in an Extra Slim Fit. Only problem is that it's offered in only black and white. What am I gonna do with a black shirt? Order two white shirts to get the discount? I'll think about it, but I'd be open to splitting an order with you. The Small Tall is online-only.

Comment

You never have enough white shirts. Unless they don't fit.

Comment

I'd wait til you can get the express shirts for ~30$ or less. They will fall apart/break down over 1.5 years or so.

Comment

I have experience with the Express MX1 extra slim extra small. Fits like a freaking glove. It's a bit too close of a cut to me for anything but layering; wearing it on its own makes me look just a bit famished, like I've got no substance to me at all. I'm sure the modern cut or whatever they call it would probably be a bit more generous of a cut without being particularly billowy either. I can throw up some pictures of the extra slim tomorrow if anyone's interested.

Comment

Express's fit goes Modern > Fitted > Extra Slim Fit.

Comment

@o_patrick : I would love to see some pictures. Most of the shirts I own are probably comparable to their modern fit and I wish they would be slimmer. Maybe Fitted is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X