Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hauttedoggie View Post
    watch comes off when I empty my pockets of wallet, etc for the night
    This is interesting to me, too. It seems a good number of people take their watches off when they're home. I find that I don't usually take mine off until I'm ready to pass out in bed. It's like I don't even notice I have it on until I decide it's bedtime, and then taking it off is the beginning of my "wind-down" ritual (watch, teeth brushing, changing, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by 07Rams View Post
      This is interesting to me, too. It seems a good number of people take their watches off when they're home. I find that I don't usually take mine off until I'm ready to pass out in bed. It's like I don't even notice I have it on until I decide it's bedtime, and then taking it off is the beginning of my "wind-down" ritual (watch, teeth brushing, changing, etc.).
      Same for me. Other than on rare occasion, or if I'm changing it out for another (e.g., taking off nice watch and putting on gym watch), I strap on a watch when I get out of bed (or after morning shower, if that's in the cards) and take it off when I'm climbing in bed.

Comment

Originally posted by 07Rams View Post
        Funny you mentioned this, as I do the same. When I get home from work, I always take off my "work watch" along with my work attire and then throw on Timex or Casio Diver. Even the nights where I lift weights in the garage, once I shower up and relax, I put a watch back on. I also put back on jeans and a tee shirt; never any sort of pajamas or lounge wear. My wife thinks it's strange that my "comfy outfit" is a pair of levis and a flannel shirt. Hell, I even put my knife back in my pocket. When it's finally time to get in bed, I'll disrobe; but only then.
        We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by APinNC View Post
          Funny you mentioned this, as I do the same. When I get home from work, I always take off my "work watch" along with my work attire and then throw on Timex or Casio Diver. Even the nights where I lift weights in the garage, once I shower up and relax, I put a watch back on. I also put back on jeans and a tee shirt; never any sort of pajamas or lounge wear. My wife thinks it's strange that my "comfy outfit" is a pair of levis and a flannel shirt. Hell, I even put my knife back in my pocket. When it's finally time to get in bed, I'll disrobe; but only then.

I'm the same way with comfy clothes! Unless it's right before I'm ready to sleep, if I shower in the evening I always end up putting my watch back on along with a pair of jeans or non-athletic shorts (temperature dependent). I don't quite understand it, but it just doesn't feel right otherwise. Probably just habit I suppose!

Comment

Watch comes off when i get home. I don't want to wear a watch to the gym. Cannot with wrist wraps or straps. Usually won't put one on unless going back out and definitely don't wear to bed.

Comment

In my teens I would wear my gshock to bed. Nowadays, I wear my fitbit to bed just to track sleep.

Comment

I also wear my fitbit to bed, i would never wear an actual watch to bed.

Comment

Working...
                X