Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hornsup84
    replied
    I only sleep with one on if I forget to take it off; I don't see too much sense in risking accidentally hitting it on something while asleep or groggy waking up, and don't see much upside to wearing it if you have a bedside alarm or other clock. It also gives my wrist a chance to rest/breathe as well.

I only shower with one on if I'm at a gym, outdoor shower or other place where I wouldn't want it walking off without me. At that point, it's either my g-shock or dive watch, so I don't worry too much about either.

Leave a comment:

• idvsego
    replied
    I don't sleep with my watch on. I shower on the am so I don't usually shower with it either. Comfort for me

Leave a comment:

• 07Rams
    replied
    i sleep ALL natural...
    Giggity Giggity...

I take my watch off in the shower by default -- since I don't wear it to bed -- in the morning, but then intentionally if I shower at some other point. I have two that I rotate between: my dad's auto that he handed down (so I don't want to risk it), and a beater that says 100m resistance, but I have my doubts (plus it has a leather strap)

Leave a comment:

• devastitis
    replied
    Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
    Waaaaay back in the day, I used to shower with my watch on. But that was a Casio G-Shock. One my Tissots (which I had bought on a whim and wasn't at all into caring about what I was dressing like) I beat up pretty bad by never taking it off, either; gym, shower, etc. This was all circa 2007-2008ish. Now that I think about that, I must have looked ridiculous wearing that watch at the gym.

Now, definitely take it off when I go to sleep...and *ahem* all other activities that may involve my bed/bedroom/bathroom other than getting ready for the day.
    Like, reading?

Leave a comment:

• Matchbook
    replied
    Originally posted by Scofield View Post
    im more curious who actually wears their watches in the shower....

i take my watches off once i get home, but if i didn't i'd def take it off in bed...i sleep ALL natural...
    Waaaaay back in the day, I used to shower with my watch on. But that was a Casio G-Shock. One my Tissots (which I had bought on a whim and wasn't at all into caring about what I was dressing like) I beat up pretty bad by never taking it off, either; gym, shower, etc. This was all circa 2007-2008ish. Now that I think about that, I must have looked ridiculous wearing that watch at the gym.

Now, definitely take it off when I go to sleep...and *ahem* all other activities that may involve my bed/bedroom/bathroom other than getting ready for the day.

Leave a comment:

• Scofield
    replied
    im more curious who actually wears their watches in the shower....

i take my watches off once i get home, but if i didn't i'd def take it off in bed...i sleep ALL natural...

Leave a comment:

• 07Rams
    started a poll Watches at Bedtime

Watches at Bedtime

Yes
    14.63%
    No
    78.05%
    Get out of my bedroom, you creep!
    7.32%

The poll is expired.

Okay, so I know there's been some heated watch discussions lately, and I hope I don't add fuel to the fire...

Question: do you wear your watch to sleep, or do you take it off? I know it's probably a silly question, and that there is no right answer -- it's whatever you're comfortable with -- but I'm genuinely curious.

My dad taught me to always take it off at night (but he also taught me never to sleep in hooded sweatshirts, either, because he was afraid my siblings and I might get all caught up in our sleep), and I've noticed, though, that he's guilty of not practicing what he preaches. It could be old age, but, like I said, I'm just curious.
Working...
X