Umbrellas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrellas!

I thought I would give a few reviews because I'm also getting it ( and great at that) may times over from you guys . I may have stated this in an earlier post but I am now in love with the Mr.Davis tee shirt. I have 2 tones and two grays. They are invisible through my shirts and very very comfortable. I don't know about going the VIP route but 4-5 undershirts should suffice for someone who may go to 10-20 suit up events during the year. I must of had a sharp blow to the head because when I received my credit card bill this month, there was a purchase foe 128.00 for a brush. Coming to my senses, I realized I did some research and found that when we brush our suits(and we all do, right guys), it should have some quality. It is made of goat hair and very nice. It better be. It is item F113 and has a beechwood and calfskin handle and comes in black and cognac and I just figured, with what we all invest in out clothes its Ok to go nuts for a while. I still haven't pulled the trigger on a bag yet but your suggestions are in the top few. Now, simple question. What's is the best long black umbrella? In terms of simplicity and more importantly...durability! Thanks again.

Gustbuster. Hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff P. View Post
      Gustbuster. Hands down.
      Yep. I've got the Metro and the 48 inch Golf. The Golf is durable, but looks amazing. The handle is very sturdy also
      We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff P. View Post
        Gustbuster. Hands down.
        Originally posted by APinNC View Post
        Yep. I've got the Metro and the 48 inch Golf. The Golf is durable, but looks amazing. The handle is very sturdy also
        I third the Gustbuster. Can't beat the quality/cost and it looks great with any outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by EdwinPacific View Post
          I third the Gustbuster. Can't beat the quality/cost and it looks great with any outfit.
          Make me number 4 for gustbuster... My wife and I both use one.

Comment

Gustbuster it shall be. Thanks.

Comment

It's no gustbuster, but the simple Totes Blue line umbrella I got from Amazon for $20 is classy, wood handled, and looks much more expensive than it is. Mine has held up well to pretty windy weather. I would recommend it.

Comment

Best umbrella I ever owned is a Senz. This umbrella can withstand hurricane force winds!

Comment

Reviving this hoping to get some updated suggestions for a new umbrella. My gustbuster recently broke upon opening it and I need a replacement. I purchased it about a year ago primarily due to the large number of positive reviews, but I really would have expected it to last longer than it did. On top of it breaking without any sort of warning or trauma, the wood on the handle has chipped away and to be honest the quality seems subpar at best. Especially considering I only use the thing a few times a month

Any suggestions for NON-GUSTBUSTER umbrellas in the less than $50 range? I definitely won't be buying another one of those.

Comment

I'll be the dissenting voice and say Davek. I bought one almost five years ago and it's excellent, highly recommended.

Comment

Davek, with a 20% off coupon. Totes for $20 on Amazon for a bargain one. Life Tek Kingston is a good one for under 50 dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                        It's no gustbuster, but the simple Totes Blue line umbrella I got from Amazon for $20 is classy, wood handled, and looks much more expensive than it is. Mine has held up well to pretty windy weather. I would recommend it.
                        +1 this. People think my cheap $20 Totes umbrella is the fanciest thing ever. I just like it because of the handle and wide canopy. Held up well for a few years.

It doesn't get super windy here in Boston though. If you lived in the Great Plains, maybe it wouldn't survive.

Comment

Originally posted by believe0101 View Post
                          +1 this. People think my cheap $20 Totes umbrella is the fanciest thing ever. I just like it because of the handle and wide canopy. Held up well for a few years.

It doesn't get super windy here in Boston though. If you lived in the Great Plains, maybe it wouldn't survive.
                          They sell Totes umbrellas in At Home retail stores if you don't want to wait for Amazon shipping, and I think they're the same price.

Comment

Fox makes decent umbrellas. Unfortunately they cost about $100, so it is not something you want to accidentally leave on the train.

I also have a Brooks Brothers branded umbrella that I carry in weather I suspect might break an umbrella... not because it is all that strong, but because it only cost me $20.

Comment

I am of no use to you except to say that I shelled out $60 on my brollie. At the time I figured it was a hell of a lot of money to spend on an umbrella. Now, three years later, I can say the brollie was worth every penny. The umbrella is built like a tank. When I have seen other umbrella's buckle in the wind, my handles it all like a trooper. Unfortunately I bought the brollie from a family owned shop here in Canada and they have since closed the business. I was just writing to say you get what you pay for in umbrellas. Or at least that has been my experience. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X