What pants with khaki sport coat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What pants with khaki sport coat?

I have a John Varvatos light khaki 3 button cotton sport coat. I normally wear it with dark jeans, but I need suggestions on what pants to wear it to work. It's casual, but I cannot wear jeans... Navy chinos? I don't think grey would work... Any suggestions appreciated.

Navy and black chinos are two conservative options, both neutral. You could pretty much wear any color chino with it, except perhaps khaki (darker khaki could work). It depends on what you're trying to say. Nantucket Red would be ballin if your work doesn't mind.

Comment

If it's a true khaki or touch darker could go for something like a white or almost white pant. This with a patterned shirt esp with a brighter tie (thinking red) could work. During spring/fall a red or colored sweater under it would give the needed color/contrast. I agree with the idea of a nantucket red or a bluish-grey. Interesting question. Poke around some style sites (or google images if lazy) for similar colors. Or post options here.

Comment

to be honest, its probably very neutral so just about any other chino will work with it as long as its not khaki...go with a go to hell chino (those red ones from LEC) i even saw a mint chino in this months esquire that would work as well. Whatever you do, make three pieces neutral and the 4th piece loud...since the sportcoat is neutral, neutral pants neutral shirt and loud tie...or some other combo...goodluck

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
        I>0<I

Comment

+1 to Andrew and Albert...

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
          I>0<I

Comment

I like: Khaki blazer, white shirt, navy pants, navy knit tie (optional) and Bright Red GTH socks from Uniqlo:

Comment

Let's keep this real simple. Any of these except for Light Khaki, Classic Khaki and British Taupe.

http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?productId=4350972&categoryId=3138682&cp= 3138868

They are the truth!!

Comment

Thanks for all the replies... It's a rather light khaki, very deconstructed and "worn". As it came. I like the ideas of the Navy or the bluish-grey. I don't know if my work would appreciate the reds of the mints, but I'm new there and I'll feel them out... I always rock the loud crazy socks, but thanks for the suggestion ChrisW. I'm thinking I'll wear it with a navy poplin shirt that I have and find some grey-blue chinos. Should be awesome with my Navy suede J&M wing-tips I picked up... Obviously with some ridiculously bright socks.

Comment

Working...
                X