Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slim-fit, Short-ish, Stylish Swim Trunks - Where to get them? Where do you get yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slim-fit, Short-ish, Stylish Swim Trunks - Where to get them? Where do you get yours?

Looking for some good-looking swim trunks / bathingsuit / boardshorts / whatever you call swimwear these days. What do you own and where do you typically shop for them?

Any recommendations for a slim-fit, short (5-6" inseam), low-ish rise pair?

Something like this:

or this:

I really like that retro style. I picked up last years version of these from J.Crew in the Chambray; great look and fit but they are VERY slow drying. They also do a nylon version. I got them in the end of season clearance sale for $18.00:

And a pair of Swim-ology from ebay. The Swim-ology ones are great, but you need to size up. I'm a 32" to 33" waist I needed the large. You'll probably have to hunt around a little on Ebay to find your size. Usually priced about $55.00

A friend of mine does replica Bond jackets, but he also knocked out a pair of replica Orlebar Brown Setters for $45.00. He's based in Australia, but ships free world wide and his work gets excellent reviews (his jackets sell out in about 2 days).

I PM'd you with a link to some other options. Hope it helps!
    Last edited by JohnG; April 19, 2016, 06:59 PM. Reason: Added some prices

Comment

I now am wearing Chubbies swim trunks exclusively, mostly because I don't pick up my other swim trunks anymore. I figure that shorts, and even moreso swim trunks, are worn in very casual situations and that's the only time I get to have a lot of fun with my clothes (as opposed to, e.g., needing to look professional in a suit), so I like the variety of fun patterns/designs and the short inseam is perfect (can't recall what they are, I think 4 or 5").

https://www.chubbiesshorts.com/colle...he-swim-trunks

Comment

Club monaco typically has trunks similar to what you're after, in that cropped, old school style. I too, am short, at 5'7", and they work out well for me.

Comment

Check out Penguin. I have 2 pairs of the "earl volley" line and have been pleased. I bought mine of 6pm.com for a good distance.

Also, Bonobos has these styles but will be on pricier side.

Comment

http://store.americanapparel.net/en/...c=Royal%20Blue

Comment

+1 on the JCrew suggestions. I have both the Oxford Cloth & Seersucker iterations from 2 season ago - I've been very pleased with them. H&M has some solid options as well. Stopped in yesterday and picked up a pair for $12.

Comment

I usually go to Century 21 for swim trunks, they have a lot of the slimmer styles.
                I purchased a pair of SuperDry last summer.

Comment

I got some from Land's End a few months back, (I got them in the 'Pale dewdrop' color). They are on sale for super cheap right now.

http://www.landsend.com/products/men...83?sku_0=::43F

Comment

Similar request here, so I’ll tag along on this thread:

Looking for 7" – 9" inseam trunks with slim leg openings. For the record, I have trouble finding shorts that are slim enough – in the past years, the only ones that have been suitable were the Banana Republic Aiden shorts when they were like 8.5" inseam and quite slim. I don’t want to go with an inseam any shorter than 7" because that’s already pushing it for me. Price range is preferably sub-$30.
                    My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

The short swim shorts from H&M for me well (wear 31 pants and the small fit me perfectly) and they're cheap. Also Mr. Swim makes slim, shorter ones.

Comment

I've actually got to offer up LE
                        https://www.landsend.com/products/me...68?sku_0=::1NX

These have served me well and are quite slim on my quads.

Specific measurements are available, too (click "Fit/Size" and "Item Dimensions")

Comment

Working...
                        X