Target's Merona Harrington 'style' coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target's Merona Harrington 'style' coat

LOL They sure know my weaknesses, I guess.

I spent $39.99 on this, it was an ultra fast impulse buy.

and so you can compare, real one, Baracuta Harrington G9

it looks great at a distance, it certainly won't be mistaken for anything real, but it definitely serves the look of the original just enough that it's neat. The plaid goes a long way to make the stylistic reference happen. I sure know it's not the first and won't be the last harrington style jacket made by a company, but I figured I'd mention it because the price is sure right, and there are targets everywhere.

they also have khaki.

I kinda want one now. Thanks for the review!

Comment

Hey I picked one up myself, the khaki one. Nice to know I wasn't the only one who fell victim to an impulse buy . I was looking for a khaki harrington for a while (already have a navy one). I saw this in store and immediately said I had to have it.

Comment

It looks nice. Is the lining cotton?

Comment

Nice. I'm a big fan of Harrington-style jackets.

Comment

I tried it on but the collar didn't work on me. Nice little jacket though. My wife laughed at me because I almost jogged over to it when I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
              It looks nice. Is the lining cotton?
              I think it was listed as 50% poly/ 50% cotton? But I forget. The plaid parts are much softer than the other panels, which feel like the lining material of a so-so blazer.

I was happily surprised to see it as well, mostly because I had been thinking of buying one the j crew one all winter, and never really came up with enough ideas for how to wear it.
              Last edited by evanparker; March 29, 2016, 07:35 AM.

Comment

I bought the navy one a few weeks ago. It's a good cut, seems decent quality, looks good. My new go to spring jacket.

Comment

I saw those a while back. I'm in between sizes on them but I would have bought one anyway if they had a khaki one the larger size. Luckily they didn't.

Comment

and sorry in advance, i know everyone is sick of hearing about steve mcqueen too, but i was wearing my coat and observed a big difference in the coats. the plaid lining is mostly in the back. it does not come up to the front behind the zipper as far as the other one does, so it does not really give you this look. Nearly but not quite.

he's probably one of the main reasons the coat pops up in modern mens style for a lot of people, since he's so iconic, so I figure i'll pull him back out of the grave and parade him around some more for my own stylistic amusement.

Comment

Is this coat online?

Comment

yes. but just beware it looks a lot better on the website than in person.

http://www.target.com/p/men-s-harrin...a/-/A-50406432

Comment

anybody seen a jacket like this but with a regular collar...or smaller button flap? the target jacket collar flap was just waving around in my way all the time. A little more like this one but not quite as....awful

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                            anybody seen a jacket like this but with a regular collar...or smaller button flap? the target jacket collar flap was just waving around in my way all the time. A little more like this one but not quite as....awful
                            Civilianaire do one that's on sale right now; $47.50 down from $190.00. Comes in different colors

You could also try the Billy jacket from Quiksilver, on sale for $47.99

I find the problem with the Barracuda neck Harringtons is if you don't get one with stiffer fabric at the collar then it flaps around or doesn't stay standing, like you found. It's definitely a jump up in price, but Pretty Green has a nice one for $135

Last edited by JohnG; March 29, 2016, 09:54 AM. Reason: Added the Quiksilver jacket

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
                              Civilianaire do one that's on sale right now; $47.50 down from $190.00. Comes in different colors

You could also try the Billy jacket from Quiksilver, on sale for $47.99

I find the problem with the Barracuda neck Harringtons is if you don't get one with stiffer fabric at the collar then it flaps around or doesn't stay standing, like you found. It's definitely a jump up in price, but Pretty Green has a nice one for $135

nice, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X