Has anyone tried Gekks for sockless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried Gekks for sockless?

Saw an ad on my instagram and have seen it around before, so was wondering if anyone here had tried them out before. I never wear dress shoes sockless and only do it with my boat shoes and canvas sneakers, but these seem interesting -- especially if I wind up getting loafers.

http://www.mygekks.com/

$25? And they recommend a pair for every shoe? Yowza. Says they can be washed and the sticky restored, but I have my doubts on the latter which would render them pretty much useless. Plus I don't really understand why you would want perma-socks in your shoes. The whole point of socks is to wash the sweaty funk away.

I use these: http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-350...iner-socks.jsp Yep, women's. They have a little rubber grip on the back so they stay up on your heel and are truly no show. $3 a pair and throw them in the wash.

Comment

So... no, you haven't tried them. I've tried numerous versions of no-show socks to no avail; looking for other options at this point.

Comment

never tried but have seen that type of thing around. give them a shot and report back. Yeha, I am good at spending other people's money

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
          never tried but have seen that type of thing around. give them a shot and report back. Yeha, I am good at spending other people's money
          I like it, definitely easier on the personal bank account. I get my 2015 bonus in a week, so have been spending these types of non-huge items as I'm in the pre-receipt flush feeling stage. The website just have 5 star reviews and that sort of marketing makes me wary...

Comment

havn't tried those. Looks like there would be good for the couple of shoes I have that rub the top of my feet when bare.

I do swear by these http://www.amazon.com/Pedag-196-Wash.../dp/B001G0NSW0
            I get about 2 wears in before I toss them in the wash, even in 90+ degree heat. Also they add a bit of padding to my boat shoes which is nice.

Comment

This was an all-around horrible experience which is pretty upsetting for a new company with an innovative product to "take a chance on" and doesn't deliver to expectations.
              First, the company took two weeks to process the order another week to ship after the shipping label was created and a week to ship to my house, 4 WEEKS to deliver 1 pair of socks. Honestly a laughable turnaround in this day and age. Then once I received the item I tried it on and it didn’t fit. With all the tags and labels attached I returned the item following their return policy guidelines and they proceed to deny my return. Not to mention spending nearly $25 on a pair of socks and now don’t fit. What a waste of money and time. I see numerous other negative reviews rolling in so please do your own “review research” before spending a dime on this company.

Comment

I'm with LMS, they take a long time to deliver. I didn't have to return the pair I ordered though, so can't speak to the return policy. Concept-wise, they're fine. There are 2-3 sticky points on the socks you attach them to your shoe with, plus they peel off for a fresh layer after washing so many times. No idea what happens when you run out (duct tape)?

They're....fine. I got them primarily to wear with super low-cut shoes like Vans and Seevees. Outside of those edge cases though, I'm ambivilent that they have greater value than no-show socks - I have a pack of Pair of Thieves no-shows and have never noticed any issues with them

Comment

Working...
                X