Recommened Instagram Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommened Instagram Accounts

I don't have a personal Instagram account, but I'm starting to think it might be a better source of style inspiration.

First, the obligatory: @dappereddotcom

I found this website with a pretty good list: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article...w-on-instagram

I think these two do a good job of pulling in classic menswear @menwithclass and streetwear @menwithstreetsyle

Here are some I remember being posted on this board before.

Classic Menswear: @sartoriomerta

Streetwear: @magic_fox, @rowanrow, @sandroisfree, @louisdarcis

Most of these tend to be models or people associated with the fashion industry though.

Please post up any that you think are worthy of following. Ideally, I'm looking for those of everyday people. Basically just your average dude that posts up great WIWT/WAYWT/WAYWRN pics on his Instagram on a consistent basis. Especially those that land between the classic menswear and streetwear parameters--not a coat and tie everyday, but not just denim and a t-shirt with a jacket.

I know there are some decent ones on Pinterest. If search WAYWT or WAYWRN there are some boards worth following. Just personal preference but I prefer Pinterest to Instagram; I find it more versatile and easier for organizing content from multiple sources.

Comment

@lookasticmen
      @redwingshoes
      @aldenmadison [MENTION=2931]allen[/MENTION]edmonds
      @bananarepublic
      @chippewaboots
      @brooksbrothers [MENTION=2216]dan[/MENTION]nerboots
      @mouldedshoe
      @mrwithstyle
      @redwingheritage
      @redwingshoes
      @thefryecompany
      @thursdayboots
      @vibergboot
      @wolvering [MENTION=3142]brian[/MENTION]thebootmaker

are a few I follow. I'm a boot nerd, so many are specific to them, but @mrwithstyle has some great outfits usually.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
        @lookasticmen
        @redwingshoes
        @aldenmadison [MENTION=2931]allen[/MENTION]edmonds
        @bananarepublic
        @chippewaboots
        @brooksbrothers [MENTION=2216]dan[/MENTION]nerboots
        @mouldedshoe
        @mrwithstyle
        @redwingheritage
        @redwingshoes
        @thefryecompany
        @thursdayboots
        @vibergboot
        @wolvering [MENTION=3142]brian[/MENTION]thebootmaker

are a few I follow. I'm a boot nerd, so many are specific to them, but @mrwithstyle has some great outfits usually.
        @leffot and [MENTION=8257]good[/MENTION]yearwelt are also a couple good ones for shoes and boots.

Comment

@datswhatupp 32.2k followers
          @thedressedchest, 152k followers
          @thepacman82 <-- awesome outfit grids, 225k followers
          @whaleysworld 32k followers
          @menwithstreetstyle 1.9m followers
          @thedoleboy 26.5k followers
          @imchanism <- great daily bus casual wear, 53.9k followers
          @everydaydrew 33.5k followers
          [MENTION=2672]matthew[/MENTION]graber <-- solid WIWT's and outfit grids, 70.3k followers
          @thedetailedgent <-- combo of cars, clothes, and luxury buildings, 203k followers
          @blakescott_ <-- amazing LA inspired fashion, just did a shoot for Combat Gent, 417k followers
          [MENTION=9101]weargustin[/MENTION] the official gustin account, 20.1k followers
          @kjp <-- owner of a trad brand, 484k followers
          @nordstrommen 94.4k followers
          @cuffington boots
          @doppki denim boots and leather, 524 followers
          @levitatestyle asian menswear model, 55.1k
          @menboots if you like boots, 22.6k
          College aged guy interested in college aged guy stuff.

Comment

Man those are some long list of instagram accounts to follow. I had to cut back the number of accounts I was following. But now I'm thinking I might have to check out some of the ones list above.

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
              I don't have a personal Instagram account, but I'm starting to think it might be a better source of style inspiration.

First, the obligatory: @dappereddotcom

I found this website with a pretty good list: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article...w-on-instagram

I think these two do a good job of pulling in classic menswear @menwithclass and streetwear @menwithstreetsyle

Here are some I remember being posted on this board before.

Classic Menswear: @sartoriomerta

Streetwear: @magic_fox, @rowanrow, @sandroisfree, @louisdarcis

Most of these tend to be models or people associated with the fashion industry though.

Please post up any that you think are worthy of following. Ideally, I'm looking for those of everyday people. Basically just your average dude that posts up great WIWT/WAYWT/WAYWRN pics on his Instagram on a consistent basis. Especially those that land between the classic menswear and streetwear parameters--not a coat and tie everyday, but not just denim and a t-shirt with a jacket.
              Probably my favorite one is @KamauHosten. He doesn't post as much as he used to, but when he does, his stuff is outstanding. His style is a little bit of a throwback. I believe he's in his early 30s, but his style is definitely more mature than your average fashion blogger. It's mostly tailored clothing (because he works for a high fashion house), but he'll post casual stuff too. Especially during the spring and summer months.

Others:

@acuratedman - Been following this guy for a while. I've never seen a guy more coordinated than this guy. He's been to Pitti Uomo a few times and you can see the style influence on his page. Again, mostly tailored clothing, but he'll bring out the polos and sneakers come spring and summer.

@articlesofstyle - pretty much speaks for itself.

@ richfreshman - tailor from LA (?), has some celebrity clientele, but relatively small scale compared to others. Has great street style, and shows some of work with leather goods and tailored clothing.

@ejsamson - Used to be an editor at GQ. This guy definitely knows how to put an outfit together. Tailored or street, it doesn't matter. Highly recommend.

@fabioattanasio - Italian menswear designer and tailor. Great eye for Italian style (obviously), wears a lot of his own tailored clothing and eyewear (owns TBD Eyewear).

@HeSpokeStyle - based in Baltimore, Maryland. Been following him for a while too. Does both tailored and casualwear very well.

@hellomrnicesock - featured on Articles of Style a few times. Harlem based blogger. Wears a good mix of tailored and streetwear. Seems like a really cool dude with effortless style

@DressedToIll - This guy is streetwear first. Has a ridiculous shoe collection. The classic "WIWT" IG page, and he usually has summaries of what he's worn for the entire month at the end of each month. Based in New Jersey, if you can get past his crazy hair styles, you'll really enjoy the blog.

Those are my favorites. A lot of them don't have 10's of thousands of followers, but I don't care about that. I care about the style. Good luck!

Edit...I can't directly link to the pages, because my work computer is blocked from IG. Sorry about that.

Comment

Yup I follow a lot of the above. Another one of my favorites is @whatmyboyfriendwore

Comment

armedferret is a really weird one. only for the brave. he posts occasional shoe pics though.....and with an upcoming trip to the south there's bound to be peacocking.
                  https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                    armedferret is a really weird one. only for the brave. he posts occasional shoe pics though.....and with an upcoming trip to the south there's bound to be peacocking.
                    haha, just cheked this... As you said - only for the brave!

Comment

Working...
                    X