Orient Bambino replacement strap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orient Bambino replacement strap

I'm currently in the market for a brown leather replacement for the plasticky faux-crocodile strap on my Bambino version 3 (white dial, blue hands, stainless case and indices). So far the offerings in 21mm are pretty slim, so I'm considering just putting either a 22 or a 20 on it, but I'm torn as to whether I should size up or down if I do so, or if anyone has any ideas for decent, affordable straps in the exact size. I'm hoping to keep it under $30, as it seems a little ridiculous to shell out more than 1/3 the cost of the watch for a new strap.

So my question is twofold:
    1.) Are there attractive, affordable replacements that are an exact fit?
    2.) If not, is my best bet to size up or size down?

Thanks all.

Search 21mm straps on Amazon. There are a few options out there, not many though.
    Ben

Comment

I would size up to 22 if I wasnt doing 21. There is always variance so I dont think it would be a problem to fit it on there. Strapcode has some but you may not like the price. You could also contact the lady at Martu Straps. She is great about custom orders. I have 2 and am happy with them.

http://www.martuleather.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JaimeGarcia View Post
        I'm currently in the market for a brown leather replacement for the plasticky faux-crocodile strap on my Bambino version 3 (white dial, blue hands, stainless case and indices). So far the offerings in 21mm are pretty slim, so I'm considering just putting either a 22 or a 20 on it, but I'm torn as to whether I should size up or down if I do so, or if anyone has any ideas for decent, affordable straps in the exact size. I'm hoping to keep it under $30, as it seems a little ridiculous to shell out more than 1/3 the cost of the watch for a new strap.

So my question is twofold:
        1.) Are there attractive, affordable replacements that are an exact fit?
        2.) If not, is my best bet to size up or size down?

Thanks all.
        I'm in the same boat. Just got a Bambino and can't stand the stock strap.

22's are going to be a very tight fit but possible. 20's do have a gap and I don't really like the sloppy look.

There's only a few 21mm options out there. I ordered one of the iStrap 21mm brown croc straps for $10 and I can report back with pictures tomorrow if you like. There's also some decent looking options on eBay that I might take a flyer on, again about $10 shipped.

Otherwise Hirsch has a nice croc strap and smooth leather but those are around $40 or so I believe.

I can tell you for sure that the Fossil straps with the quick change springs will not work as they don't fit in the lugs.

Comment

would love to hear how the iStrap works out. HATE my bambino watch strap.

Comment

I recently purchased this replacement strap for my Bambino. I don't recall what I paid for it, but it definitely wasn't the $40 currently listed.

I'm happy with it. A little stiff at first, but I think that's to be expected. 21mm is a good fit. I don't think I could have gotten a 22mm strap to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarick View Post
              I ordered one of the iStrap 21mm brown croc straps for $10 and I can report back with pictures tomorrow if you like.
              That would be great, Jarick. I'd be fine sticking with croc as long as it's nicer than the stock strap, but I'm also open to natural grain leather.

Thanks to all for the information so far. I'm looking for in-person impressions of stuff if possible, and a lot of them are pretty light on reviews online if they have any at all.

Comment

Another option would be to get a leather 22mm strap and very carefully trim off a bit of leather on the sides to allow it to fit into the 21mm space on the watch.

Comment

There's also a running post in the "Dealers and Manufacturers" forum from a watch strap maker. Some pretty decent looking stuff on their website. Don't know what sized they stock though.

Comment

As someone who wants to replace the strap on their watch too, I'm interested in see what you guys come back with. Great thread.

Comment

22m Hadley Roma strap works fine on my Bambino. Not tight at all.
                      http://www.amazon.com/Hadley-Roma-MS...roma+tan+strap

Picture here:

Comment

Curious. The link took me to a sale for a 20mm strap but [MENTION=13307]believe0101[/MENTION] says it's a 22m strap.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                          Curious. The link took me to a sale for a 20mm strap but [MENTION=13307]believe0101[/MENTION] says it's a 22m strap.
                          My bad, wrong link - this is the one I got!
                          http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001F0...-QL&ref=plSrch

Comment

I got the 21mm istrap but I don't think I'm keeping it. Doesn't look like leather to me, looks like plastic. I like the lighter brown, matte finish, and the contrast stitching but it just looks and feels cheap.

Comment

[MENTION=13307]believe0101[/MENTION] thanks!

[MENTION=14353]Jarick[/MENTION] where did you purchase the lighter brown strap from?

Comment

Working...
                              X