Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• srlclark
    replied
    [MENTION=14386]Danny[/MENTION]: I hope it works out for you! It's a beautiful shoe and you've chosen a beautiful color. Let us know how they look when they come in.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    [MENTION=13548]srlclark[/MENTION] I'm still holding out hope that one of my inbound pairs of Strands will be acceptable. I don't have the highest bar for them either -- they just need relatively consistent burnishing and I'll love 'em.

If they don't work out for me, I'd probably look into the strandmok before the fifth ave.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    [MENTION=15366]Taft[/MENTION] I just reread my original post and realized that it came off much more snarky than I intended. I apologize. Didn't mean to disparage your clothes as a whole. Rather, I just don't think your goods are right for me at this point. I'm still trying to build up my wardrobe with classic staples, so it will be awhile (years) before I'm ready to venture into the more adventurous territory that most of your shoes represent to me.

Leave a comment:

• srlclark
    replied
    [MENTION=14386]Danny[/MENTION]: If the bourbon Strands you ordered are duds, too, you could think again about the Fifth Avenue. From now until 25th April, it's reduced to $245 for first quality. No bourbon left, but brown's probably better for such a formal shoe, anyway. The problem would be that you'd be buying a formal shoe for special occasions rather than a more versatile shoe for many occasions, but you probably eventually need at least two nice pairs of shoes, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• connersw
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny View Post
    [MENTION=15366]Taft[/MENTION] none of your shoes look at all appealing to me. I don't think many on this site will go for a pair of double monk sneakers...
    I'm not a fan of those Gables either, but I think the Jude boot might fit into your wardrobe pretty well. Particularly with denim and darker colored chinos. If you could get those at cost (which is usually a pretty substantial discount), I wouldn't be so quick to turn it down.

I also like the look of the Jack boot. I think the Sinatra would look pimp with linen pants, but it is pretty limited in what you could wear it with and when.
    Last edited by connersw; April 13, 2016, 10:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Taft
    replied
    Thanks The Sinatras are pretty awesome. Last time I was at the factory I watched them weave the shoe..such a cool process. Glad we have a similar eye for shoes

Leave a comment:

• Taft
    replied
    Originally posted by devastitis View Post
    [MENTION=15366]Taft[/MENTION] I don't think I'll ever get your dubmonks, but your boots look incredible. Particularly the Jack Boot in brown or grey.
    Thanks The Gable (double monk sneaker) definitely isn't for everyone, but there are a lot of guys that love that shoe. I personally am not super crazy about it, but it sells really well and has a lower price point that makes our shoes accessible for some people at a lower shoe budget. The boots are my pride and joy...glad you like them. The reviews and feedback from everyone is really incredible Killer boot for just over $200.

Leave a comment:

• devastitis
    replied
    [MENTION=15366]Taft[/MENTION] I don't think I'll ever get your dubmonks, but your boots look incredible. Particularly the Jack Boot in brown or grey.

Leave a comment:

• KantStopDario
    replied
    Originally posted by Taft View Post
    Just trying to help you out. We offer a lot more than double monk sneakers. Best of luck on your hunt.
    To help out, I think your boots look kick ass. I hope I can sweet talk my dark side lol

Also, them Sinatra's??? Yes, please.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• KantStopDario
    replied
    Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
    I'm not so sure.

I looked... flannel shoes? I am totally interested now.
    Those definitely look dope!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Taft
    replied
    Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
    I'm not so sure.

Thanks. They are really amazing. Let me know if you want to give any of them a try...happy to get you a first-time customer discount My email is [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Taft
    replied
    [MENTION=15366]Taft[/MENTION] none of your shoes look at all appealing to me. I don't think many on this site will go for a pair of double monk sneakers...
    Just trying to help you out. We offer a lot more than double monk sneakers. Best of luck on your hunt.

Leave a comment:

• ianr
    replied
    I don't think many on this site will go for a pair of double monk sneakers...
    I'm not so sure.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    [MENTION=14949]mmgfarb[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION] thanks for the pics! I hope mine turn out as nice!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X