Need some "colorful" help on cardigans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some "colorful" help on cardigans.

Brethren, with the weather change and the use of light sweaters/ cardigans being a viable option, can you help me with some colorful cardigans?

I'm talking like red/burgundy/pink, green/blue, burnt orange/yellow options. Thanks in advance.

What price range? What material?

Comment

@ Jason, $50 max! Nothing too chincy. Has to be durable.

Comment

Well, I usually end up recommending eBay, so... search for snow lotus cashmere sweaters on there. They're a mill in Mongolia that makes for a lot of other brands and they've started selling under their own name. It's good quality, especially for the price.

Comment

'Preciate it, Jason. Are there any brick and mortar stores you'd recommend? I'm the hands-on type.

Comment

Well, I really like the Banana Republic luxury blend sweaters. They can be had for under $50 when they've got a 40% off.

Comment

With the way I dress, I might as well be in a black and white movie. Navys, whites, greys, khakis, and indigo denim. That is about it for my closet's color range. That said, I'd love to hear your experiences with whatever product you end up with!

Comment

I'm really digging on the Lands End Canvas linen cardigan for layering at night. Its just slightly too pricey though. I never shop at Lands End so I don't know if this thing will go cheaper than the current sale or if sell out risk is high:

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-l...s&origin=index

Comment

@JC, 'preciate the BR option, but they typically tend to stay along the neutrals. I did look at the site and they have burnt orange and burgundy options but with some detail on it (i.e. argyle front, tipped neck, etc.). Instead, I'm looking for a solid color.

@Cannon, being from DC, I, too, have the same neutral palate in my closet. Will definitely keep you posted.

Comment

Not so! I have BR luxury blend sweaters in lavender, turquoise, orange, navy, and something else... not neutral... all solid

Comment

Also, Uniqlo sweaters are on sale:

http://putthison.com/post/19959368481/its-on-sale-uniqlo-chinos-and-knits-uniqlo-is

I don't have experience with them, but they're supposed to be pretty good for the low price

Comment

@JC, Surprise! Surprise! Lavender, turquoise, orange!! Not to be lazy but I have searched for the BR luxury blends and no dice. Mind posting some links/ pics?

@Vespa, good looking out! I like that option especially since the shawl is not too bulky or whatnot.

Comment

Could be that they've reduced stock since we're going into Spring, but they had like a dozen color options in the fall / winter.

These aren't exactly the same, but there's some colors:

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=812357462

Comment

If you are good at wading through crap to find something good for a decent price, I've picked up a few cardigans at Urban Outfitters. I've tried to do it again since then, but found that my success may have been a one-off.

Comment

@JC, thanks! Will look into those. Hope they have them in-store.

@Jack, never thought of UO; felt it fulfilled a youthful audience's preference.

Comment

Working...
                              X