Search for Slim/Fitted Polos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search for Slim/Fitted Polos

I've always purchased RL Polo Custom fit and now I'm looking for something of the same quality/fit, but without a logo/branding. Here's what I found so far:

Bonobos:

http://www.bonobos.com/tees-knits-an...-polos-henleys

Anyone know how fitted these are?

LLB Signature:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65167?feat=505937-GN3

I'm afraid they may not be fitted plus the colors are kind of dark for Spring/Summer.

Express:

http://www.express.com/fitted-signat...ow/3/index.pro

Quality is my concern with these. Plus it looks like the button may say "Express" on it, which would bother me.

Gap:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...earchCID=25781

Quality? Fit?

Thoughts? Any others that you guys would recommend?

Thanks!

If Target brings back the Mossimo athletic fit polos. They are the best. They are very casual, but they fit really well and feel great.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I like the Mossimo polos as well, but they are not very high quality. The ones I bought last year are already pilling noticeably, which is why I replaced them with the new, 100% cotton ones from Merona. Hopefully the cotton ones will hold up better - I've noticed that premature pilling is a recurring issue with all my inexpensive cotton/poly garments (mostly t-shirts and a hoodie).

Ben

Comment

I recently bought a JCREW slim fit polo that I love. Now if i could only figure out how to keep polos from getting covered in fuzz when washed.

Comment

I recently bought a couple of the Express fitted stretch polos, and they have washed well without shrinking, and are a perfect fit for me. I got them in medium. (I'm 5'9", 160 FYI).

The do say Express on the buttons, but I hadn't noticed until you said something. You could always swap them out.

Comment

tailorstore.com lets you build your own polo shirt to your measurements. i am happy with my purchases from them.

Comment

I was going to say RL custom fit, but you beat me to it. I normally don't like any branding on things, but Polo is a classic and iconic in the polo world, so I don't mind the little pony. Still the best fit/quality for me

Comment

If the Express buttons bother you, you can always replace them.

Comment

I just bought a Brooks Brothers slim fit polo off eBay in excellent condition for about $24 total and it fits great. It does have a golden BB logo, but it really doesn't bother me.

Comment

I picked up a bunch of the new Express fitted polos recently. Bought 2 to start, but love the fit (for reference, I'm 5'11 and 160, so I wear the mediums) and they survived the wash well. Now I've got every color other than red (which I may wind up with) and orange (which I'm not a big fan of). I'd like to get some RL custom fits when budget permits.

Comment

I should've stated my reason for wanting to switch from RL Custom. I really love the shirts because they fit great and they come out of the wash without shrinking/fading. The issue that I have is that my best friend's wife works for RL, and she gets me a really nice discount, but my friend seems to own the shirts in every single color. So, whenever we go out together, which is quite often, I can't wear anything Polo because it's quite possible that we would be wearing the same item.

I don't really want to deal with changing the buttons on the Express shirts and I really don't like their name on the buttons. Maybe I'll give Bonobos a try, since I do have store credit left there from the Fab.com deal. Anyone own Bonobos Polos?

Comment

Hmm. I hear ya on that. In the south most people's "going out shirt" as well as their "business/school casual" is a RLP polo. I have a few from thrifting that I like because of the colors, but I would probably never buy one at retail. I am annoyed at how popular they are.

The Mossimo polos are actually the one Mossimo product that I haven't been impressed with. They are poly-blend t-shirt fabric and look super casual. It's ok for the price but I'd never buy one again.

Comment

I've got a few RL polos...good quality for the most part, but i feel like the length of the custom fits are too short. The JCREW slim fit wears really well on me, so im going to start buying those. I MIGHT get a couple of those Express ones as they go on sale or I get the big coupons in the mail.

Agree'd on RLP being too prominent in the south.

Comment

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I've watched a couple of episodes of "Caged" on MTV and all those kids constantly wear RL polos, and they are not well dressed at all.

Comment

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I've watched a couple of episodes of "Caged" on MTV and all those kids constantly wear RL polos, and they are not well dressed at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X