Am I the only one who hates joggers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one who hates joggers?

This is a pretty silly post topic, but I HATE jogger pants. This being a forum that's somewhat focused on timeless style I suspect many of you would agree with me, but I thought I'd throw up a little poll to gauge how we collectively feel.

Feel free to discuss their merits or what makes them horrible in the comments.
    I like them!
    13.56%
    Meh
    35.59%
    My hate for these abominations knows no bounds
    50.85%

Somewhere more than meh ... I don't hate many things. I dislike them, don't see the purpose, and wouldn't wear them but it doesn't make my blood boil. If you want to wear glorified sweat pants ... more power to you.

Comment

What do YOU wear in the gym ?

Comment

Pretty sure no one spending $120 on glorified sweatpants is wearing them to the gym.
        Ben

Comment

They are awful

Comment

Originally posted by shadoman View Post
            If it's my gym no one wears them. They all wear flat brim hats for some dumb reason.

Comment

Meh, I don't mind them. I used to wear sweatpants or shorts to the gym depending on season when I had a membership (have a home gym). I don't have a pair of joggers only because I don't need a pair of joggers, and can't see myself spending that much on them, when I have two perfectly good pairs of sweatpants.

Comment

Originally posted by shadoman View Post
                I wouldn't be caught dead in a gym or in joggers.

Comment

I was confused as to what "jogger pants" were.
                  I thought you were referring to these:

Comment

I'm somewhere past meh but not into full-on hate. I think they're ugly and fadish. I expect them to look quite dated in 5 years. But I also think of them as "street style" and in general that's more fadish.

Comment

I own a pair of fleece joggers. Only wear them around the house though.

Comment

I know Joe loathes them: http://dappered.com/2015/03/on-the-joggers-trend/, but I'm starting to come around to them. Definitely on the trendy/fashionable item list, and I'm probably warming up to them just as they are on their way out. Plenty of trendy/fashionable items get recommended here all time anyway (ie J.Crew Ludlow pencil thin lapel widths or Suitsupply suits with their horrendously cut pants).

At first it reminded me too much of living in Germany in the 80's or pinch-rolling my pants all through high school. However, I've come to realize that if slim cut/tapered is in, then why not joggers? I'm still not a fan of trying to dress up a sweat pant, like this:

But I don't really mind some of the other fabric. For example something like a chino:

I guess I really don't see the difference if you are wearing a super tapered chino already (like the J.Crew 484 that is pretty popular on here) and rolling them. Why not have it pre-done for you?

Last edited by connersw; February 27, 2016, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Personally, I like joggers for wearing around the house, wearing to the gym over my shorts (before taking them off to workout obviously), and for wearing to the climbing gym. I find their fitted cut to be more comfortable than typical sweat pants or "pajama" pants. For climbing, the gym will get cold during the winter so long pants are a must. The tight fit around the ankles allows me to roll them up a bit and they don't get in the way.

However, if we are referring to "drop crotch" joggers or the kind made of wool dress pants material or chino material then I hate them just as much as you do. Below is the kind I like:

To be clearer yet, these are the kinds that I HATE:

Comment

I got a pair from the wife last year. As far as I am concerned, they are sweatpants that taper at the ankle. I don't wear sweatpants outside the house and I sure as hell wouldn't wear these, but I could see getting a couple more pairs for the weekends.

My impression is younger guys wear these like women wear yoga pants outside the house. I fully support the latter and don't really care about the former.

Comment

I have many pairs that I wear at home and to the gym. Occasionally I'll wear them out for a casual day running errands. Athleisure isn't for everyone, but why hate on stuff you don't wear?

Comment

Working...
                              X