DKNY v. Michael Kors Suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKNY v. Michael Kors Suits

Does anyone have experience with either? I'm in need of a Navy suit relatively soon, and was looking at both of these options at Macy's. The DKNY retails for 155 more and is around 240 on sale, while the MK one is only 200. I was just wondering if the quality is there to spend the extra money.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/m...66%26slotId%3D

I tried on a Michael Kors suit (well, the jacket anyway... matched suit pants never fit me) at Nordstrom Rack a few weeks ago. I was impressed with the quality, and the fit was slim through the waist, but still pretty traditional in the shoulder area (very squared-off and padded). I was trying on a 36S on a whim, and normally I'm a 36R. The short fit me pretty well so they might run a tad long.

I've no experience with DKNY suits, though.

Ben

Comment

DKNY suits are typically presented as having a reasonably modern cut. At Macy's, they are labeled as either "slim" or "trim" fit. (Based on the comments, the "slim" is the more fitted of the two.) But I have no personal experience, either.

As for Michael Kors, I have an older sport coat and it runs pretty large. Keep in mind, however, that I bought it several years ago, before the whole "slim fit" trend really took hold. That said, I'm guessing that MK jackets are no longer cut quite so generously, so I don't think my past experience with MK is a valid representation of where they are today.

Comment

I have a Michael Kors Navy suit. I picked up at the last Macy's sale for $179. I have not had it tailored yet(it will be my first foray into tailoring beyond just hemming the pants). It seems to be a good value around this price point and I am very happy with it for now. Hopefully someone with some more practical experience with suits(especially from these 2 manufactures) can chime in. Have you tried these on for yourself or just browsing online so far?

Comment

I was actually recently at a department store looking at these same brands on a whim. I'm not sure about the quality of either but I know that Michael Kors comes with a 7 inch drop which is great compared to the standard 6 inch drop. I'm not sure about DKNY but I've been told they also have a seven inch drop. This should make tailoring easier or possibly unnecessary depending on your build.

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone.

@BenC, I'm just browsing online. I saw in an advertisement that the MK one will be 179 next week, so I ordered the DKNY one for around 240 and I'm going to bring it in to the store and compare them, then keep the one I like better. I don't know how to judge the quality of a suit at all, so I will probably go with what feels better to the hand/has a better cut.

Comment

Working...
            X