X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DocDave
    replied
    Wow. What an awesome find. I never think to look at the local second hand/shift shops for shoes. I might need to rethink that. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• evanparker
    replied
    These beautiful Shell Cordovan wingtips from the late 1970s were found at a local Savers store. I spent an hour polishing them for looking like they were covered in red mold to this kind of dull shine. I think they're going to need a lot more elbow grease but they will come back eventually.

They were made for "VAUGHN AT SATHERGATE". This is a defunct Menay store 3000 miles west of me, formerly in Berklee CA

Leave a comment:

• gclefstreetwear
    replied
    I do thrift from time to time. The only reason I do not is it consumes so much of my time I'm usually stuck. Haha! But seriously, there are lot of legit items that can be found while thrifting.

Leave a comment:

• SebastianBailey
    replied
    I go thrifting sometimes

Leave a comment:

• evanparker
    replied
    so as one of the dappered Thrifting thread stalwarts, i wanted to say that I am back at it again. Haven't found a single thing LOL but it will eventually happen.

I think the best I found was a set of UK Doctor Martens, Doctor Martens, Doctor Martens booots for my littler sister.

Leave a comment:

• Zeprez
    replied
    Hi

Recently bought a pair of Cordovan (!!) AE Grayson on eBay for $50.00 (!!!!) and an Alden for $60 .. The Alden are in near new shape... The AE from the pictures, look good.. New heel perhaps a recrafting ..

I think I am done for the next 2 decades... for shoes

Leave a comment:

• mhip
    replied
    Like new Burberry polo for I think $15 was probably my best score.

Leave a comment:

• Gman56
    replied
    I go once every couple of months. Recently bought a perfect condition Charles Tyrwhitt dress shirt for $2.50.
    I found the same shirt on their website for $140
    Their selection of dress shirts is usually pretty good.
    The Goodwill I visit is a few miles from a neighborhood with multi million dollar homes.

Leave a comment:

• hauttedoggie
    replied
    Originally posted by jonATL View Post

Oh, and I found these two no-name Italian squares at Goodwill the other day (I never find pocket squares at GW).

very jealous, those pocket squares offer a lot of possibilities...congrats on the find

Leave a comment:

• jonATL
    replied
    So cheap I feel like I committed a felony:

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Wow. Now that watch takes me back!

Leave a comment:

• jonATL
    replied
    $15 plus a new battery:

All buttons work. It beeps. It lights up. It's pretty great.

Leave a comment:

• elpenguinoloco
    replied
    Scored a Ledbury shirt NWT for $26 at a Goodwill a couple of weeks ago:

https://imgur.com/mLjniKr

https://imgur.com/VaWdMnE

It fits about perfectly. Just wish I wore dress shirts more than a few times a year!

Leave a comment:

• jonATL
    replied
    Estate sale find that jives with the Dappered aesthetic (paid up at $125, but still):

https://www.1stdibs.com/art/prints-w...E&gclsrc=aw.ds (That asking price is a little much, but is in the right ballpark I think)

Now I just need to find a cheap way to frame it.

Oh, and I found these two no-name Italian squares at Goodwill the other day (I never find pocket squares at GW).

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Just picked up my first major thrift store find—AE split toe Delray for only $12.99. The things that look like blemishes are just dust. They are in near-new shape.

Because they were so under-priced and it was a charity thrift store, I felt guilty, so I donated some money too--hey it's tax deductible.

Almost didn't get them, because I need another pair of black shoes . . . but, what the hey--they are $425 on the Nordstrom website right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X