Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kenneth, @BB, @jonATL, haha it's just me my friend! I'm ITP.

This is pretty much my full time job since I got laid off a few months ago. I'm still job searching but I'm trying to flip things to earn a little cash. Margins are low, but what can ya do?

If you see something you like, I'd be happy to strike a deal with ya. Oh, and if you're looking for something in particular, let me know. If I see it I can grab it for you.

Comment

@Guilty - You use Perfect Stitches, right?

Are those two briefcases going to eBay?

Comment

Found some old made in USA Bostonians from the era when Florsheim, Cole Haan, Allen Edmonds, Johnston and Murphy and Bostonian represented USA quality...sadly Allen edmonds is the only one left.

The heel and sole were in excellent condition. Looked like maybe a months wear from the previous user. However, the leather was in desperate need of some TLC. Leather was dulled out, dry and dirty:

So with a little work a perfectly fine and looking shoe on the cheap!

Comment

@Kenneth, Yes I just picked up some items from Perfect Stitches today and they were perfect! I plan to either put the briefcases on eBay or Etsy- have to decide which will be better. One has more eyeballs and the other is not an auction... I MAY keep the old Joseph Daniel briefcase for myself- the style is growing on me!

@Acousticfoodie - nice job! I picked up some Dexter leather soled oxfords and they look like they were worn maybe 5 times. My new go-to beater shoes.

Pics to come tomorrow- too tired after thrifting today. I thought I saw a Dappered member today but wasn't sure...

Comment

Here's a pickup from last week I don't think I shared over here (and you guys might actually dig it). Black Cord blazer, 3 btns, I think it's from 06, but never sold and was donated right from the store.

And if anyone is a size 12 in Bally and wants these, I'll let them go for cheap:

And I'll go cost+shipping on these because they need a full workover from the company. Still, $20 or so plus the recrafting fee (http://www.danner.com/customer-service/boot-recrafting/ -- you'd need one of the most expensive ones, unfortunately, because there are holes in the heels of the midsoles) isn't bad for $300 Danner boots. I'll probably just re-donate these if nobody wants them.

And you could probably get them repaired for less because the only real issues are the heels.

Comment

@Guilty - Whichever you decide, please do post the link here, I'd be interested in taking a bang at winning. Also, I saw a gentleman rather astutely thrifting yesterday in Roswell...?

Apropos of that trip to Roswell to thrift, I found precisely nothing. A little frustrating to be reminded how ignorant I am in thrifting, but I'm determined to learn. I'd really like to expand my knowledge to thrifting pants, but I'm confused as to how one identifies sizing and brand when those are so frequently missing. Do you guys typically just feel the material for quality and then check, or do you go down the line and check them all? Advice is appreciated.

Comment

With pants and blazers I try to just get a feel for the material and then check anything that seems interesting. You can make the process go quickly as well by learning the pinch test for blazers to feel for canvassed vs fused.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Kenneth: Dressed like a slob in the GW on Holcomb Bridge at noonish? That might have been me!

Comment

Hahaha, small world! But no, this was the GW in downtown Roswell (I forget the name of the street, not Atlanta but the one next to it? Alpharetta perhaps?) around five.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm pretty much inside the Perimeter- so your potential precioussss are safe! And no, this was the GW on Buford Highway.

@Kenneth, here's a link:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/the-official-thrift-discount-store-bragging-thread/45030#post_5669333

I dislike thrifting pants for a number of reasons: harder to read tags/sizing, generally bad selection, and they're what contained someone's crotch and legs. Shirts are easier to scan and suit jackets are usually worth the effort.

Speed is essential to thrifting, since time is such a valuable commodity.

Comment

Dexter burgundy leather soled and upper wingtips:

http://bit.ly/OlgyMS

Comment

I meant hook me up with the auction link! I really need a new briefcase.

Comment

Hi Kenneth! I will post the auction tonight likely.

Comment

Hey guys, took my first walk through a thrift store after looking at this thread. How are these shoes? The label reads Royal Imperial by Florsheim. I didn't pick them up since they're a little bit too small for me but I might go back and grab them for a friend.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

@sgates0 - those are top of the line Florsheims. I don't know if they make Royal Imperials anymore but they're a step above even the Imperial line, which is already very good. Grab 'em if you can.

Comment

Working...
                                X