Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol no, why would you assume I was GHo of all people? Ironically enough when I registered at SF for the first time I used a throwaway e-mail address and have since forgotten my username and so I couldn't recover it, so I started anew.

Now, about that BB SC....

Comment

thriftatl at gmail . Let's kick this discussion to email. It is available, but someone on SF asked after it (GHo, so that's why I thought that might be you). You're not the Barry White avatar, are you?

Comment

Why the hell is Dappered inserting random links into posts?

Comment

It's a new skimlinks thing. I believe to raise the profit for a new program to run threads on.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@jonATL - Yeah, I only tailor stuff I like. I have way too many shirts right now in my closet so some of this is definitely going to the bay. And I did some research. G Putnam & Sons first editions do not usually say "First Edition". You just go by lack of copyright notices other than the first print date. I compared it to the other ones on the bay and from reputable sites, and it looks like I have a winner. I'm going to consult a book antiquities expert when I get a chance, but the book is in a ziploc bag (best I can do) for now.

@greg_s - Thanks! I got lucky. Well, you never know- the bigger the city, the more probability you're going to find something, but stranger things have happened in smaller towns...

Comment

Let's keep the luck train rollin'!

$100.91.

Comment

Oh wow! I'm having a Richie Rich moment here; more than a little jealous! I wish arcades that weren't Dave & Busters still existed.

Comment

Oh I didn't buy it. The right gun wasn't working and I didn't have anywhere to put it so I decided to let someone else have a chance.

Comment

$6.96 for a full grain leather midnight blue (almost black) Thompson bag. Similar to this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Black-...item564b5136e9

Comment

2 bags (messenger and briefcase) and 1 Luciano Carreli blazer.

Pictures here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/the...0#post_5669333

Comment

Guilty, are you OTP, or do I have someone else to box out when flipping through the racks?

Comment

Maybe you two are the reason why I haven't been able to find much at thrift stores around here, ITP or OTP...

Comment

There are a TON of thrifters in Atlanta. But there are also a ton of thrift stores.

Comment

I now know who to blame for my constant inability to find anything regardless of my position relative to the perimeter!

Comment

I've found most of my stuff when I'm out of town for a trip. A couple of decent blazers in town, but no shoes ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X