X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@jonATL, beautiful pickup for $15.

I'm jealous.

Comment

I picked this pair of AEs yesterday for $15. They've got the orthotic soles and look like Bentons but without the perforations. Can someone help me identify them?

*I asked about this in another thread. I didn't mean to cross post, but I'm new to the forums and didn't see this thrifting thread before.

Comment

J Crew. Size Tall M. Anyone interested?

Comment

@IanD - I'm interested in your BB Brooksgate glen plaid 3 piece - Please send me some pictures and measurements to my email at zachliptak (AT) gmail (DOT) com and let's work something out!

Comment

@lanD, also interested as I am closer to a 36 than a 38. Please email me as well at [email protected] if it does not work out for Zach L.

Comment

The Goodwill store has become my go-to place for nice ties.

Picked these up for a total of $8 ($2/piece). First three are 100% silk, I'm not sure what the last one is. All are in really good shape.

Comment

Today I went to Savers, the "thrift superstore". Picked up some wool J Crew dress pants, a Merona sweater, and some BR chinos (with tags!). The total was $26.

"The principle can be established that for a man who does not cheat, what he believes to be true must determine his action."
                -- Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

Comment

Picked up Oxxford heavy Tweed Jacket for $4, can't wait for colder weather now.

Going to PA tomorrow to "hunt" for that elusive pair of vintage American made longwings....

Comment

Picked up these ties for a dollar a piece at my local Goodwill. Quite a steal, considering what they usually have in there.

"The principle can be established that for a man who does not cheat, what he believes to be true must determine his action."
                    -- Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

Comment

I picked these up at the local Value Village. Florsheim Imperial Kenmoor. $2.50 for the Brown color and $4.99 for the black. The guys on SF are telling me the green tag on the inside indicates 'quality from the 70's'. I'll post up some picks once Im done fixing them up.

Comment

Picked up Pantherella socks and eShave products for half off at Marshalls. Not thrift, but decent price for what it is.

Comment

Steve - you bought their top-of-the-line, for the time, I believe. Great buy!

Comment

Can somebody explain to me the purpose of buying shoes from the 70's? Why would you want to wear them now, almost 40 years later? Wouldn't they be uncomfortable and stuff by now? Just wondering.

Comment

I guess for me its nice to say I have something vintage that's in pretty good condition. I actually wore the brown ones to work the other day and had no discomfort at all- they were quite comfortable in fact. More pics to come sometime his weekend.

Comment

@steve: That's a great find...jealous!

Comment

Working...
                                X