Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As are a lot of American companies as well!

Comment

Not much of anything here in the depths of a hotel ballroom. But I think plans for tomorrow include street shopping, so if anyone wants a Coach or Prada knockoff for their significant others, I'll be taking orders. And then begins the 27-hour journey home ...

Comment

Kent Wang is a haberdasher down in TX. He's one of the few places I know that has double-sided cufflinks; I got a bunch of them. Highly recommend him, you can check out his website at kentwang.com .

I'm also interested in the shirt, can you post measurements?

Comment

I went at lunch... Picked up a sweet Coach surcingle belt, unworn, and a pink striped RL Polo polo shirt (made in China, the scandal!)

Comment

Went thrifting today. Nothing interesting really, but came across some particular things, like a Santa costume in the outerwear section (not pictured), a way too large $15 pink and light blue Burberry tie and a custom tailored suit made in 1967 for a man that was probably shorter than me. At 5'6", it was the first time I find something too short for me.

I don't feel like I could find something decent around here. Nobody is wearing Zegna, RL or Brook Brothers in this city.

Comment

Sounds like it was close but no cigar.

Comment

Also saw a not-so-good quality size 39 black cap toe rubber-solded shoe yesterday. They were a bit small (wow, first time I ever say that about a pair of shoes), but I was wearing thicker socks. Didn't check the price, telling me it wasn't worth it.

Finally, I decided to return to the trift store today. They were 8 bucks after taxes. I decided to take them.

I know it's exactly what I should not do while thrifting (buying junk just because it fits and it's cheap), but at least it give me something to wear with a suit until I can afford a real pair of shoes. So here they are.

Comment

Nice! Hang in there, Jessy! Your day with AE shoes will come! Looks like these will more than tide you over. Especially after a week in them, they should fit a lot better.

Comment

I finally found where all of the ties have been hiding! Snagged 1 Burberry London, 2 Hugo Boss, 1 Dior (made in Italy so I think it's legit?). Crazy that these guys are just hanging out with a bunch of 4 inch wide polyester Santa and music note ties.

Found a lot of Thomas Pink, Hugo Boss, and Canali shirts today. Just too big for me.

Comment

How big is "too big"?

Comment

Hmm. There were two Thomas Pink spread collars. One was 16/34 with a green striped pattern; the other 16.5/35 with a blue striped pattern (I think). Plain blue Thomas Pink L sport shirt. Hugo Boss blue pindot shirt that might have been 16/34. Fabric felt amazing but it was super square fitting even for someone of that size. Then a M Canali sport shirt that I thought about buying. I would have had to break my "must fit at purchase" rule because the sides needed to be taken in, but it was actually a little worn with chipped buttons and the like so I decided against it.

Comment

Well, I'm a 15.5-16 x 34-35... I would be interested in colorful but not garish Pink or Canali shirts

Canali and Pink shirts also sell on eBay pretty well, although not for big money

Comment

Word. I think that Thomas Pink 16/34 had light green stripes. I don't remember it being super boxy, but it wasn't slim or anything either. I don't know how much that matters for you.

Let me know if you want me to grab it. I'm taking a homework break right now, but I'm gonna hit up another store in a little bit and that first store is actually on my way back home so it wouldn't be a problem. Also, if I get it and you decide you don't want it I can return it or I guess maybe flip it.

Comment

I just got a couple light green shirts out thrifting, so I'll pass, but purple or pink are good.

Comment

Polo ties anyone?

http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/the...0#post_5299690

Comment

Working...
                                X