Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As are a lot of American companies as well!

Comment

• Not much of anything here in the depths of a hotel ballroom. But I think plans for tomorrow include street shopping, so if anyone wants a Coach or Prada knockoff for their significant others, I'll be taking orders. And then begins the 27-hour journey home ...

Comment

• Kent Wang is a haberdasher down in TX. He's one of the few places I know that has double-sided cufflinks; I got a bunch of them. Highly recommend him, you can check out his website at kentwang.com .

I'm also interested in the shirt, can you post measurements?

Comment

• I went at lunch... Picked up a sweet Coach surcingle belt, unworn, and a pink striped RL Polo polo shirt (made in China, the scandal!)

Comment

• Went thrifting today. Nothing interesting really, but came across some particular things, like a Santa costume in the outerwear section (not pictured), a way too large $15 pink and light blue Burberry tie and a custom tailored suit made in 1967 for a man that was probably shorter than me. At 5'6", it was the first time I find something too short for me.

I don't feel like I could find something decent around here. Nobody is wearing Zegna, RL or Brook Brothers in this city.

Comment

• Sounds like it was close but no cigar.

Comment

• Also saw a not-so-good quality size 39 black cap toe rubber-solded shoe yesterday. They were a bit small (wow, first time I ever say that about a pair of shoes), but I was wearing thicker socks. Didn't check the price, telling me it wasn't worth it.

Finally, I decided to return to the trift store today. They were 8 bucks after taxes. I decided to take them.

I know it's exactly what I should not do while thrifting (buying junk just because it fits and it's cheap), but at least it give me something to wear with a suit until I can afford a real pair of shoes. So here they are.

Comment

• Nice! Hang in there, Jessy! Your day with AE shoes will come! Looks like these will more than tide you over. Especially after a week in them, they should fit a lot better.

Comment

• I finally found where all of the ties have been hiding! Snagged 1 Burberry London, 2 Hugo Boss, 1 Dior (made in Italy so I think it's legit?). Crazy that these guys are just hanging out with a bunch of 4 inch wide polyester Santa and music note ties.

Found a lot of Thomas Pink, Hugo Boss, and Canali shirts today. Just too big for me.

Comment

• How big is "too big"?

Comment

• Hmm. There were two Thomas Pink spread collars. One was 16/34 with a green striped pattern; the other 16.5/35 with a blue striped pattern (I think). Plain blue Thomas Pink L sport shirt. Hugo Boss blue pindot shirt that might have been 16/34. Fabric felt amazing but it was super square fitting even for someone of that size. Then a M Canali sport shirt that I thought about buying. I would have had to break my "must fit at purchase" rule because the sides needed to be taken in, but it was actually a little worn with chipped buttons and the like so I decided against it.

Comment

• Well, I'm a 15.5-16 x 34-35... I would be interested in colorful but not garish Pink or Canali shirts

Canali and Pink shirts also sell on eBay pretty well, although not for big money

Comment

• Word. I think that Thomas Pink 16/34 had light green stripes. I don't remember it being super boxy, but it wasn't slim or anything either. I don't know how much that matters for you.

Let me know if you want me to grab it. I'm taking a homework break right now, but I'm gonna hit up another store in a little bit and that first store is actually on my way back home so it wouldn't be a problem. Also, if I get it and you decide you don't want it I can return it or I guess maybe flip it.

Comment

• I just got a couple light green shirts out thrifting, so I'll pass, but purple or pink are good.

Comment

• Polo ties anyone?

http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/the...0#post_5299690

Comment

Working...
                                X