Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never bought from Bonobos before so I'm all for thrifting.

Comment

Unfortunately it won't happen. Most people don't know the amazing stuff you can find in thrift stores, and maybe that's a good thing.

Comment

Picked up a Cricketeer Blazer in light grey wool today for 2.50$. Fits me like a glove and is cut very nicely. Doing a little research, it seems as though Cricketeer was once a standard mid-level American made brand from the 70's through 90's when they faded away. Blazer is in great shape with only a couple very small nicks on the upper arm.

I was going to pull the trigger on the Gap Ticket Pocket Blazer but this is extremely similar in color/shape and a heck of a lot cheaper. First thrifting find for me, I could get hooked...Do you guys usually throw a new item through dry cleaning before wearing? The blazer looks impeccable but obviously it's been sitting in the store awhile, probably tried on many times...

Comment

@Jason Carreira - well more people will know soon enough with all those great finds of yours! Let me start adding my finds lol:

Found this gem yesterday. It's the Sanford model.

Comment

What size @Acoustic? Your size?

Comment

@Ounce: You can't assume that people washed all the clothes before they were donated, and you can't assume they were washed after they were received, either. Nowhere is this more apparent than by the overwhelming smell at my local Salvation Army. :-P

Comment

@Jason They are 11B's I believe. Not my size so I didn't pick them up. I took a pic since I was just shocked that such a popular model in it's most popular color was found here lol.

Comment

You could easily resell those for 4x what you'd pay for them

Comment

Acousticfoodie, I found the exact same shoe in 11.5 B, in perfect condition yesterday. Going to hit the bay soon, along with every other ridiculous thing I've picked up that's just sitting in my room closet, my hall walk-in closet, and kitchen now that I have a clothes rack with wheels now. Here's a shot of my clothes rack.. in my kitchen nook. Real dumb.

Comment

Show-off... :-)

Comment

More like horde off.. You know it's bad when you have over 10 suits to bring to the tailor alone. While they certainly aren't all crazy grail SF style finds, still well made garments that fit my miniature 36R body.

Comment

Wow Zach you found all those blazers thrifting and they all fit you? You are hardcore!

Comment

Yeah, I've really hit a stride over the past few months in small guy stuff, between 36R-very slim 38R. Not sure who in my city is getting rid of some of these things, but it's absolutely fantastic. Finding a RLPL 14.5 shirt a few months back was mindblowing, as you can't even find that size retail most of the time, much less in a thrift for 3$.

I would say everything on those racks cost less then 200$ in total, while a few of the Polo/Rugby jackets retail for more then double that alone. I've left a ton of stuff behind over the years as to avoid the trouble of flipping it. Keep pushing on, eventually you'll hit your goldmines too.

Comment

Nice. I've stopped looking for slim fitting Mediums and stuck to looking for Smalls with longer sleeves. Still - nothing in a 14.5! BB does make a 14.5/34, and I bought one. Just a touch big in the neck, but I had the button moved over by the tailor. Yeah...I should learn how to sew a button, at least.

You'll very quickly spend over $200 getting jackets tailored! But it's oh so worth it.

Now I'm debating starting a thread to encourage Alan to try tailoring. ;-)

Comment

Hey Zach,

I have to settle every now and then to find stuff in that size. I think we have a similar body type, I am usually a 36R and 38 in some designers. My shoulders are 17.5"

Are you looking to sell anything?

email me if you want mystix @ gmail .com

Comment

Working...
                                X