• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^didn't seem to work, sad. Here's the link:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/imagecye.jpg/

Comment

Seems to fit well

Comment

Thats what I thought. Can't go wrong at that price, thanks!

Comment

That was certainly an initial number intended to be countered, and I can certainly be talked far lower than that. If you want to negotiate, I'm at thirftatl at gmail.

Comment

Ok, I'll stop complaining about thrift shops not having sport coats in my size, for a while.

Hugo boss 3 button tan sport coat. Simple plaid pattern of intersecting khaki and orange squares. 40% silk, 35% linen, 25% virgin wool. Fairly modern fit.

Comment

great find. pics?

Comment

I don't own a camera, but maybe I'll use a family member's tomorrow and get a pic. I should really buy a camera.

Comment

Went out today, didn't find anything good. Polo blue label (I think) suit separate but I couldn't find the pants so I left it. Some DB Zegna and Oxxford that were really damaged on the inside (ink stains, ripped linings, etc.) and/or didnt fit. All of the good stuff winds up at the resale store. I went there and found a pair of BR Monogram gray wool/mohair pants (I think they're orphaned from a suit) for $20. They have a windowpane-type pattern and fit me great so I picked them up, I'll wear them as dress pants. Pics will come soon. There's very little in my size there (38R, 15.5, 34/35) because most of the people here are overweight. Case in point, all of the Kiton, Brioni, Fray, etc shirts are 17 or bigger (and sell for 50-100), the best jackets/suits are 42 and up, etc. I did find a 38R Oxxford suit but it's $250... a bit much even though it's gently worn. You guys have all the luck!

Comment

I finally found a suit! It's nothing special - a Hart Schaffner Marx 2 button, notch lapel, single vent. But it fits and it cost $15. It's tannish so it's still relatively casual, but it's a suit! And it cost $15!

It generally fits well, but if I lose the 15 pounds I intend to lose, I'll be able to bring the suit in more on the sides. This color is definitely not a slimming color. :-P

Comment

Looks good! Is it cotton? I've still never found a suit that fits.

Comment

It's 100% wool. It's a bit stiff (likely due to cleaning method), but hopefully a trip to the cleaners will fix that up.

Comment

I picked up a pair of US-made Timberland boat shoes. They must be relatively old to have been made in the US, but they're in really good condition. They look clean but I'm leaving them in the freezer for a couple days to make sure there aren't any feet critters living in them.

Ben

Comment

Found some good stuff today if anyone is around a 46R:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/the...5#post_5274407

Comment

Alan - Terrific score

Comment

http://dappered.com/2012/03/store-wars-2012-where-style-and-brackets-collide/

I saw GoodWill paired off against Bonobos, and in my mind:

Joe says in the comments that GoodWill represents all thrift stores as far as Store Wars goes. Thrifters of the Threads, unite! Let's take thrift shops to the finals!

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X