Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon, what's your size? And would you be keeping your raincoat if it fit you? I ask because I'm typically a 40R, but my Aquascutum raincoat is a little tight when I'm wearing a suit. It's likely a 39R. I'd be open to a trade if mine would fit you and the two are comparable.

EDIT: Yours has their signature pattern on the outside and its made in Canada. Mine has the pattern on the inside, has a removable liner, and is made in England. So they're certainly different. It wouldn't kill any potential deal from my end, but they are things to consider...

Comment

I'd definitely be keeping this, but it's too long for me. (The trench I picked up is a 38 S, and it's perfect, if a bit tight in the shoulders). So I don't think your coat would be any better for me.

This Aquascutum is made in Canada -- I don't think that matters at all, but I just thought I should mention that again.

Comment

I just updated my last post with the notable differences. FWIW, my raincoat fits me fine when I'm not wearing a jacket underneath it. Even with the jacket, it's only tight in the shoulders since it's a rather straight cut. How it would fit you, though, is purely speculation.

I have to guess the size on mine since I couldn't find a tag.

Comment

I just tried on my other Aquascutum -- the 38 S trench that I thought fit -- and it's really bit and kind of long, so maybe I'm too short for trench coats (at least full length ones).

Comment

A lot of vintage trench coats fit really, really long - like, mid-calf long - by today's standards. I got mine shortened to just above the knee for a pretty penny, it looks a lot better. I also got it taken in at the waist. It's still plenty big to wear over a suit but it's a lot more modern-looking.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k/P1060145.jpg

Ben

Comment

Mine goes past the knees on me, but I consider it a nice feature for rain protection. I've used it, and it absolutely works in that regard for heavy horizontal rain. I couldn't change it if I wanted to, anyways, because of the removeable liner.

What's your height, Jon? I'm 5'10" and I feel like my 39R is the right length for legit rain protection.

Comment

ehhhh 5'8" on a really good day.

Comment

I did my self-imposed, once-weekly Lenten thrifting today. Nothing too exciting, but I did find a Levi's denim trucker jacket. As a workwear/streetwear aficionado, the classic jean jacket is something I feel I'm always on the verge of buying, but can never quite stomach the retail or even the sale prices. Plus this one comes already broken-in and comfortable. :-)

Ben

Comment

@Ben: We'll be expecting a WIWT post of said jacket in the near future. :-)

Comment

do hauls from a friend who goes to China and brings me stuff back count? If so I just got the wife a chanel bag and I got some burberry check ties, scarves, and silk pocket square.

Comment

"chanel" and "burberry"... China is known for its knockoffs... Some of them are good though.

Comment

yeah, some of it's legit secondhand from the factory, ties that have burberry tags and so on on the inside, some of it isn't. The place my guy goes proves good quality, which is all I'm really that worried about.

Comment

Anyone a size 11.5 in shoes? I've got 4 pair of shoes in that size that are gonna go up on eBay... AE black monstraps, AE black wingtips, Brooks Brothers made in Italy snuff suede oxfords, Ferragamo horsebit loafers.

Comment

@JC: Do any of them seem stretched out enough to fit a 12D? I suppose you have no real way of knowing... March is almost here so my budget will be filled up again soon.

Comment

Jason, what prices for the shoes?

Comment

Working...
                                X