This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All 40 R? dammit.

From the pic, they look pretty wild. Let us know what you find!

And for fun, offer him $75 per suit and see what he says.

Comment

LOL You looked it up? Yeah, it's a crazy picture. But if he has more, hopefully they're not so busy.

Comment

I never have luck with sport coats anymore!

I did get a couple shirts today.

One long sleeve Ralph Lauren Rugby polo (rugby style, not the rugby line) in a sort of almost blackwatch plaid. Looks to have zero wear. Gonna be great for prepping it up in springtime!

The other is a light blue banana republic linen shirt that is the exact same as one I wear all the time, but a size large. Giving it to mah bro so we can call each other up and match when we go out. Kidding. Except for the part about giving it to him.

Comment

Looking forward to checking out this boutique Goodwill store about a mile from where I live:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/retique-milwaukee

Heard really good things about it!

Comment

We have some of those here where they pull the "good" stuff into boutiques. The problems with this are 2:

1 - They don't know what the good stuff is

2 - They charge more... basically eBay prices

Comment

I'll be happy to report back. It does sound like the pricing is substantially higher, and I can imagine - they picked one of the most expensive places to locate.

Comment

When I lived in Saint Paul we had the opposite of a GoodWill "boutique"... we had a GoodWill outlet. :-) Literally just carts full of clothing and other stuff, priced by the pound.

From the few times we went there, it ended up being a lot more trouble than it was worth. Too difficult to find anything even of the correct gender, let alone the right size. The only thing my friends or I ever bought was an old wedding dress to use as a Halloween costume.

Ben

Comment

@BenR, what's your height/weight? I don't have access to measuring tape right now but interested in the Hickey Freeman sportcoat. I'm a 36S

Comment

Sorry, nftmlk, I actually sold that one on eBay a few days ago. :-/

Ben

Comment

Well, I taking my lunch break and going to a thrift store for the first time as an adult. My grandmother used to drag me with her when I was kid. Not thrilled at the idea but I have to admit you guys make a compelling case with all the loot you pick up. That and the fact that the wife has begun to scrutinize my clothing expenses a bit more. Wish me luck.

Comment

Does anyone wear an 8.5D? I found a pair of Byrons in a walnut color. Scuffed though. I bought it primarily hoping someone would want it enough to recraft it.

Color: http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8...iftonsmall.jpg

Comment

Those look like they're in great shape. Why would they need recrafting?

Comment

Those are cliftons, JC =P I only posted it for the color. I'll post pictures when it's daylight(point-and-shoot sucks)

Comment

Quick 5 min stop today yielded 1 sports coat. Only bought it b/c it's a made in Italy Missoni and its tag color was the sale one. Brown and 46R. If anyone is interested before I list it on eBay, let me know

Comment

I stopped at Goodwill on the way home. The HF "tomato sack" is still there, taunting me. However, I did find a solid brown herringbone BB 346 sport coat that fits extremely well. It's a keeper. Nothing worth flipping... again.

Comment

Working...
                                X