Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pic Alan. Yeah SF is a good resource, I've been lurking there for a while and have bought some things there as well. I say sign up.

Comment

I avoid SF - from the few times I've visited, it seems to me like there's an awful lot of snobbery going on.

Ben

Comment

Nice finds @jonATL!

SF in general is kinda snobby, but the thrift bragging thread is much less so and where the good finds are anyway. I would suggest you read the thread for a while before trying to post anything though.

Comment

Yesterday was fun. More later but this was clutch

Comment

Southwick suit, anyone? There are literally 9, mostly gray houndstoothy, at the goodwill in Buckhead.

Comment

LOL Jon. Stepping it up a notch. Now you're bringing in the play-by-play. :-) Might make a nice sportcoat, but I can't picture myself in houndstooth from head to toe.

Comment

I thrifted this today:

Comment

@JC: Is that for you? Or for keeping in your girlfriend's good graces?

Comment

For both of us... Mostly her, but I'd like somewhere better to put my cufflinks and watches.

Comment

My wife gave me two cubes in her jewelry tray for my watches and cufflinks. That's really all I need (and more than I had before we got married).

Comment

i bought my wife one of those for Christmas. I would love to have thrifted it instead.

Comment

I found a local craigslister claiming to have a number of high-end Italian suits in my size for very reasonable prices, and he's near my house. I may have to go check it out, but I'm holding firm to my skepticism as to their authenticity.

Comment

What did you search for?

Comment

UPDATE: The guy claims he bought them in Lausanne Switzerland as the original owner. Assuming he's telling the truth and he wasn't duped, I would expect them to be real.

He says they also have original tags so I''l likely take pics and bring them back to compare with the makers thread from SF.

Comment

I did a search for "brioni", but he's also selling some Versace suits which would be a much more obvious name to the casual observer.

Comment

Working...
                                X