X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@jonATL, which one was that?

Comment

I stopped by my usual thrift store on my lunch break today. The woman actually apologized to me for not having the new stuff out before I got there today. They're starting a mailing list for their regulars, and I'm thinking of signing up. Good people.

The woman complimented me on how I always look nice, and I was happy to be able to tell her that the sportcoat I'm wearing today came from their shop.

Comment

Hey, if you want to come all the way out to Roswell, be my guest.

Comment

@jonATL I'm driving down from Hartwell, so it's not a big difference. Which one in Roswell?

Comment

Well, since you'll only be here for the weekend:

10885 Alpharetta Highway, Roswell, GA

There's an Atlanta Mission thrift across the street, where I haven't had much success. The Salvation Army that's around the corner is usually good, and if you cross over Holcomb Bridge in the other direction, you'll hit a Value Village and Park Avenue Thrift, which netted me an H-F Boardroom suit and SC, and the Woolrich coat recently.

City-dwellers: These are too far out for you. Stick to Buckhead Thriftique, the Buckhead GW, the West Side Value Village ...

Comment

Cool, thanks!

Comment

@jonATL can you post pics of the 46R Armani? I may be interested. Thanks

Comment

Will when I get home. ... just picked up two bb alden tassels in 9.5 D. Burgundy and brown. Left a 40 long vintage BB trench. No belt, but nice lining.

Comment

I need to stop reading this thread. Just makes me jealous...

Comment

DAMNIIIIT! :-(

I'm standing inside Goodwill as I write this, looking for a sportcoat to take me into spring and summer. I flip through the hangers, letting my fingers do the walking. I stop on a classy linen blend. I can tell by the way it sits on the hanger that its my ballpark shoulder size. I pull it open... Hickey Freeman. Jackpot!

So I pull it off the rack and try it on. It's been altered. The previous owner must have been a tomato with t-rex arms. The shoulders are still a bit big, but I would have overlooked it if the rest had worked. Bummer!

Comment

That's a good look for you!

Here are pics of the Armani Collezioni: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7171611...7629337071171/ If interested, I'll take measurements.

And here are the shoes I found today: http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/the...5#post_5208310

Comment

@Jon,

What are the measurements of the 42L sport coat?

Alan, that picture is FLIPPING hilarious. Your face is priceless, as is the fit of the jacket.

Comment

I didn't pick it up because I didn't know if anyone would want it. It's hugo boss, but seems nicer than the usual stuff. I can run back on Friday if you think you might want it.

Comment

Man, I hope those clean up this well:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/598-Alden-bu...item27c3408133

Comment

Maybe I need to start hanging out on SF. Seems like JC has gotten some good stuff over there, and you're a member, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X