X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a size 40R or so

Comment

Jason, personally I think that Buckhead Thriftique is the nicest thrift store in the metro area. Quite small, but the quality is *typically* better. I've had complete hit-and-miss experience there, but I've had absolutely no luck at any of the St Vincent or Goodwills in the metro area(though I've never tried the Buckhead GW.... Next weekend!)

Jon and sting: I've got a new client that I go up to John's Creek/Alpharetta area to see every weekend, have you guys ever thrifted up there? It's an extremely wealthy community, so I'm hoping to find some gems. Tried two GWs there this weekend to no luck, but hope springs eternal.

Comment

Holcomb Bridge Road. That's all you need to know. Well, I've also had good luck at Park Avenue Thrift on Alpharetta Hwy.

The only luck I've had a Buckhead Thriftique is a too-big pair of AE Sheltons. But it is a nicer environment.

Comment

I stopped by my now-regular thrift shop on my lunch break. It's a small operation. They've learned my name, and they recognize that I'm coming in semi-regularly. Very friendly people. They even offered to check inventory in the back for me that they won't put out until tomorrow. I really like this place.

... and they get good stuff. It's where I found the Aquascutum raincoat, Neiman Marcus cashmere blazer, AE Lauderdales, and a fun Nautica sportcoat that isn't worth much, but is unlike anything else I have.

If they would just get a couple more racks of mens' clothes, I'd be in thrift store heaven.

Comment

One quick stop today.

Stafano Ricci Tie

J. Press Dress Shirt

And after finding so many nice thing to flip lately, I finally found a couple of things I can actually wear:

L.L. Bean Signature Chamois Shirt

J. Crew Lightweight Button Down

Comment

Stopped at Salvation Army today and found another navy blazer that rivals the one from last week in fit but not fabric. I'll give it a shot. Also found a pair of Gap pants in my size. I remember owning a pair just like them or thinking about buying them back when they were in stores...in Holiday '08, according to the tag. It was $8 total, so I think the store's pricing was reasonable. They had some too big London Fog trench coats for $20, but most of their coats were $20.

Tried an inner city thrift store, Value Village, with no real luck. Some potential, but I wasn't in a position to try on stuff. Still happiest with the Goodwill store, but I need to keep trying more. All in all, a very positive start to thrifting for me.

Comment

You've caught the addiction... good luck fighting it. ;-)

Ben

Comment

These past 2 weekends I have picked up some Timeberland pants for work as well as a pair of PRL corduroys and a pair of PRL chinos. The best pick up was a pair of nice Daniel Cremieux that will be perfect for summer time. I'm just starting out with this whole thrifting thing but am enjoying it so far.

Comment

Who wants these pants? I was going to donate them, but if you pay shipping, I'll send them your way.

Comment

Comment

@JonATL, I'll take those pants. Send me an email to my username @gmail.com with your paypal addy and how much to ship it and I'll paypal it you.

Comment

@BenR - Yeah...it's too late now. =D

Seems easier to get a girl to go along with you for a thrifting day versus any other store.

Comment

The first time I brought home a couple thrifted items, my wife seemed a little upset... but mostly because I didn't take her with me. We're supposed to have a thrifting date (at her request), but it never happens.

Comment

My gf will go along grudgingly and she's REALLY good at spotting quality, but she has wool and dust allergies so she's not really keen on going. Oh, and she gets upset that there's bags of clothes taking over the house and my side of the closet is annexing more and more space...

Comment

Picked up an Armani Collezioni Navy pinstripe. I think it's probably a 46R, if anybody here wears that size.

Zanella black trousers (only one pleat!) in a 38.

I'll be definitely going back to that Goodwill when I have more time because it looked like it had a lot of good stuff.

Anyone here wear a 42 L? There's a Hugo Boss Corleone winter-weight SC from Barney's.

Comment

Working...
                                X