Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to update the bounty. I think I wear a 40L, which totally threw me for a loop for the past 20 mins. I had to check all these pictures and whatnot and realized that the two 40 jackets I bought from GW fit so well in the shoulders for a reason(I thought it was just the lack of padding).

Comment

Shoes were 1/2 off today.

Brooks Brothers Bucks 9D. Not my size, but these were immaculate and almost unworn. I'm going to throw them up on ebay, but if anyone here is interested, let me know

Also, a super clean pair of Bean Boots. Was going to buy some new, but now I don't have to

Comment

@FEdodo:

is there anyway I can contact you personally?

Comment

I found a wool/cashmere Hickey Freeman sportcoat in size 36S. Condition is virtually perfect. Color is a predominantly brown with navy houndstooth.

It's a little too broad in the shoulders for me, plus way too short in the arms. I'm going to put it up on eBay but if anyone wants it, I'd take $35.

18.5" shoulder to shoulder

29" long from collar bottom

20.5" pit to pit

22.5" sleeve length with 1" to let out

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/theantiduck/Thrifteds/P1060700.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/theantiduck/Thrifteds/P1060701.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/theantiduck/Thrifteds/P1060702.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/P1060703.jpg

Ben

Comment

Up for a trade on those bucs, or do you want the dollars?

Comment

Came away with a few Express shirts, a Hickey Freeman, and an Armani. Fits were erratic, but I could use a few backup shirts. Question: when you guys encounter high quality items(like HF and Armani) that are clearly not your size, do you still buy them? Or do you just buy to wear?

Comment

@forbritisheyesonly: you can contact me at rds999999999 AT gmail.com

@jonATL: I've been over-thrifting lately, so I'm beyond set on clothes. Mainly looking for $

@Kenneth- you have to be careful buying thing not in your size. HF can be a hard flip. Same for some Armani. Armani has several different levels of quality. I never buy Armani Exchange, and some Armani Collezioni isn't that great. Giorgio Armani is the top tier and I always pick that up

Comment

@Kenneth: People on Style Forum pick up EVERYTHING of quality, but it has to be top, top-tier, probably not that Armani (unless it's mainline) and maybe the H-F. You should check out the thrift bragging thread for some ideas of what to pick up. Make sure, if you're going to pick up stuff that's not in your size, that it's ebay worthy by doing a completed listings search.

By the way, buying stuff that doesn't fit me means I can pay for clothes that do. But I also have about 15 or 20 pieces that are waiting for a buyer, so it's easy to get in over your head a bit.

Comment

@Ben A 36 S is too broad in the shoulders? What size do you wear?

Comment

I wear a 36R (sometimes even 37 or 38). This one happens to be a little big for a 36 - 18.5" shoulder to shoulder, while most of my 36R jackets are 17.5-18.

I think the fact that it's got more shoulder padding than most of my jackets may be a factor as well.

Ben

Comment

Comment

Thanks very much for the input guys.

Comment

Sting: Those are SWEET! Great find, man.

Comment

Yeah, I'm excited. posted them on styleforum but I'm awaiting mod approval, lol.

I did some research, and it looks like the original stitching was a white contrasting stitch. the original owner probably polished over them, turning them dark. I don't care, they've got nice character and the leather is crazy soft.

Comment

@Sting those are beautiful boots man, wow

....Sorry if this is a common question on here but I only have a little experience with thrifting things, but is there anybody who has compiled a list of the top brands or designers to look out for when you're at the Thrift store, besides some of the obvious ones?

Comment

Working...
                                X