X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32 (possibly a 31)/30 on the pants.

I always keep my eyes open for bowties!

Comment

I've got some Brooks Brother grey flannel with a split waistband that are about a 34 waist that could be taken in

Comment

I might be interested in trading, if there's anything you need/want. Do you have pics?

Here's what I have right now that you might be interested in:

Caruoso navy loro piana cashmere/lambswool blazer, 54 EU

Those Canali and Oxxford pants

Comment

54EU is too big for me and I've got too many pants

Stuff I'm looking for: bow ties, shoes, cashmere sweaters... oh, and staple white shirts with regular barrel cuffs. For some reason I can't find plain white shirts that aren't wrecked.

Comment

@ Jason - I don't suppose you're a 16/32 shirt size? I'm selling a Hickey Freeman made in Canada. No one's bid on it at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110819810224...#ht_500wt_1287

Ben

Comment

Close, but I need 34 in the sleeves. I love HF shirts though.

Comment

@jonATL Any chance of posting photos of the 54 EU blazer (that's 44 right?)? I might be interested in straight buying it, don't have much to trade, only gone thrifting once and scored a velvet blazer for myself :/

Comment

I think it's a 42-44R; I just know that it's too big for me (which is a crying shame!). If you're interested, I can measure it up tonight. I'm in the middle of trying to find out more about the label, which I think is more than 10 years old.

70 percent lambswool, 30 percent cashmere, 100 percent silk lining. Made in Italy.

Straight buying it would be cool, but I have no idea what one would pay for such a thing.

Comment

JC: Looking for flat front. Sorry. I should have said that.

Comment

Picked a pair of these up today in 9D:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Mezlan-10-5-Black-Leather-Split-Toe-Oxford-Dress-Shoes-Excellent-/150750558023?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item23196ef747

Also a crazy HF SC, a woolrich jacket and an Armani collezioni jacket that I hope is a sportcoat.

The pair of women's etienne aigner shoes for my wife didn't exactly pan out. Lesson learned.

Comment

Can anyone point me to a good resource for learning about suits and/or sc/blazers? I enjoy going thrifting but I find myself just looking for "names" instead of quality. I have only been thrifting a handful of times and I am relatively new to the dressing-well game. I find myself looking through every single suit in the store just to give myself an idea of what a good suit feels like. I feel like that is good experience but then I see a suit that I think feels good, go to look at the tag and it says "Stafford" for JC Penney's.

I'm trying to inform myself. This site along with the ridiculously comprehensive SF thrifting forum has been a tremendous help but I feel like I need some sort of basics guide. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comment

I saw a vintage Burberry trench in pretty good condition at Salvo today. Size 40L. With belt and wool liner. Probably needs a dry-cleaning. I would have picked it up but it's in their "designer" section and priced at $49. If anyone really wants it I can get it to you for $65. I'm guessing shipping will be pretty high since it's pretty heavy. Plus we have a ridiculous 9% sales tax here. Come to think of it I may have to ask for more like $70-75. Hence why I'm not gonna pick it up unless someone here really, really wants it.

Ben

Comment

@jonATL: Yeah, buying something for your wife at a thrift store just kind of kills it. It's totally crossed my mind a few times, but I always talk myself out of it.

Comment

@BrianB have you read through Putthison.com's guide to thrifting and their guides on things like the "pinch test" for determining if a jacket is canvassed or fused?

Comment

@Jason Actually, I haven't. I just checked out atailoredsuit.com and that gave me some basics. I'll take a look at it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X