This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grabbed a couple things today:

Giorgio Armani Le Collezioni Double Breasted Suit. I'm not completely sure about this one yet, but at $15 it was worth the pick up.

Charvet Tie

Also, a sweet vintage Woolrich Parka

Comment

Score on the Charvet! Nice! If you ever want to get rid of it let me know

I love my Woolrich parka. Is that one for you? They're great coats. Mine hasn't gotten as much use as I expected since it's barely been winter this year.

Comment

If I decide to let the tie go, I'll let you know, Jason. The Woolrich is my size. I threw it up on ebay, but will gladly keep it if it doesn't sell.

Comment

Here you go. One butt load of pocket square pics, made to order:

I shrank 'em, but they're still pretty big. The pinks are pinker than they appear. The greens are generally less blue than they appear. there were more patterns, but I couldn't do all of them. Alas, no tapestries.

Everything is silk, made in China, and $7.97 (got the price wrong before).

Comment

How do you want to do this? I'd like the brown with blue dots, the purple floral, and I think I see an orange with navy plaid?

I'm not sure if it's a horrible tragedy or a life saver that I don't have a Nordstrom rack near me.

Comment

Wow, Alan, thanks for all those pics. Hope you didn't get too many sketchy looks from sales staff....

I really like that blue and red paisley. I might have to see if they've got something similar at the Rack near me. (You don't have to buy it for me though.)

Ben

Comment

@Jason - I can't believe there's no Rack near you considering where you reside.

@JonATL - it would be awesome if you can post more pics and measurements of that HF suit. I'm interested.

Comment

@IanD How much for the 9.5W cap-toe oxfords? Also, in your opinion is it really that round of a toe? I was looking for something sleek but I can't tell the shape by the photos exactly. Any photos of the soles?

Comment

I ended up buying 5 for myself. Some of them are dupes from above and some aren't. Also, the one that looks like silver and navy is really more teal. I have no idea what you'd pair it with, but I thought it was pretty slick.

@JC: The orange/navy plaid that you're refering to is actually more of a pale pink and the blue isn't quite a true navy. I tried getting a couple of pics of that one, but it was difficult to get the true color. The brown w/ blue dots is true to color. And if you look at the purple floral closely, you'll see it has some blue tones. Just a heads up there on your picks.

I have a PayPal account that I can accept transfers on. Do you think a flat $10 per square would cover purchase, tax, and shipping? I'm not looking to upcharge here.

@BenR: Nobody seemed to notice me taking pics. I got the last red/navy paisley there, though. Don't know if I'm keeping it yet or not, but I probably will. I do encourage you to check out your local Nordstrom Rack, though. Lots of stuff there.

Comment

$10 per is great. The orange I was talking about was one you didn't have close-ups of. It was on the left with the other orange with a white and blue plaid.

Definitely the brown w/ blue and the purple with blue & white flowers... Then you pick a 3rd

Orange or pink... whichever you think is the coolest.

What's your paypal account address?

Comment

Oh, THAT orange and blue. Yeah, they had one in dots similar to the brown/blue and a geometric one, though I don't remember the exact pattern - probably plaid of some sort. Sure, I'll nab you an orange one that's not too similar to the brown one.

My paypal account is ralans17 at aol. Can you throw in a few extra cents to cover the chunk that paypal is going to keep? I forgot about that part.

Comment

Paypal personal as a gift doesn't have fees.

My gift to you

Comment

Good to know. Remind me of that next time I buy from you JC.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@JC: I'll try my hardest to swing by again before class, but if I don't make it in time, they'll be closed by the time I get out of class. If that happens, I'll do it on my lunch break tomorrow.

Comment

Sent you an email with my address. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X