Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am drowning in ties. Maybe we should institute a Dappered tie swap?

Comment

I've gotten about 10 ties from thrifting.

Ben

Comment

@jonATL if they don't have ties what would they be swapping?

Do any of you find pocket squares? That's been very infrequent for me, but I've found a few. Nothing very nice yet.

I think this weekend I'm going to pick some out and do a tie giveaway

Comment

I haven't found any pocket squares. I did find a women's silk scarf that I briefly considered buying to cut up into pocket-square sized pieces, but decided against it.

Ben

Comment

@JC: I haven't seen any pocket squares in thrift stores, but I was in Nordstrom Rack last night and they had a whole rack of pocket squares against the wall in the tie section. Some of the patterns were quite elaborate. The most expensive one I saw was $7.

I'll definitely be headed back to find one for my Valentine's Day date with my wife. I'm pulling out all the stops for this one. :-)

As for a tie giveaway, that sounds fantastic! I've been looking through my own stuff to do something similar. I recently gave away a houndstooth sport coat to my cousin that would have been a perfect candidate. So now I'm looking again.

Comment

@Alan, if it's not too much trouble take some pics of the pocket squares... Would you be willing to proxy some purchases if there's some that people want?

Comment

@JC: Sure. I've got to head down there, anyways. I'm going to try to go before class tonight if I can squeeze it in.

For anyone needing pocket squares, what colors should I be keeping an eye out for? The pocket squares are arranged in these little 1" cubby hole looking slots. They're just tucked in and hanging halfway out. That makes them hard to see all at once and I can't take pics of ALL of them so if anyone has a specific color to look for, I can try to get better pics of those particular ones. Regardless, I'll do what I can.

Comment

Screw it... I'm going to Nordstrom Rack on my lunch break to make sure I have time today. If anyone has any special requests, it would help to get them in within the next hour. Otherwise, I'll take pics of what I can and hope they're sufficient.

Comment

What do shoe trees cost at Nordstrom rack these days?

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@greg: $13

Comment

@Alan, purple, navy, pink, orange, green... Basically most colors if they pattern is cool I like paisleys and geometric, but if there's something that looks like an old tapestry (hunting scenes, stags, etc.) then YES PLEASE!

Comment

Picked up a 38S HF Boardroom suit at lunch. My first HF find that wasn't riddled with moth holes. There's also a pretty loud HF blazer that's a nice summer look. It had a tear along one of the seams which would be easy enough to fix, so I might go back tomorrow with my half-off coupon and pick it up. I'm relatively certain it was from the same donation.

Anyone need a suit?

Comment

What are the dimensions?

Ben

Comment

I'll measure this up tonight; I'll be doing a bit of ebay listing as well (no takers on those BB shells, so to the auction they go!), and I'll be in a measuring state of mind.

I will say that the jacket fit me well, so it might be more like a 40S. I didn't try on the pants, but they looked to be about a 32-33 waist and weren't overly long.

Comment

Ok. If it's on the bigger side for a 38 then it most likely won't work for me (I'm 36R).

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X